First off, Time is absolutely one of my favorite Solo's of all time. Absolutely brilliantly written! Obviously I can't hold a candle to the original but I do hope I did it a little justice here and not totally screw it up lol.

Youtube Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI2an65p8Jg

It Took me a little over a week to get comfortable enough to record this and to find a tone I liked for both sections of the solo since I didn't want to do any major editing/dubbing. Feel free to leave any feedback on here and the youtube video page and if you have something for me to listen to just drop me a link and I'll crit you right back. Thanks!
Superb work man!
No mistakes (at least that i noticed) and you nailed the tone perfectly!
"Everybody must get stoned!" - Bob Dylan

Hey man, thanks for watching my Come Together video. Ya know, it's funny; I watched your video earlier and played along with it on my bass before I started recording my own video. Haha.

But anyway, I really liked your solo cover. I love playing this one too. I'll probably upload my cover of it sometime in the future. But yeah, very nice cover.
Hah thanks rabbit & fanjera. It's cool that you were playing along too, if I had my guitar near me I probably would've picked it up while listening to yours too. Can't help but groove with that awesome bassline lol. I subbed you back too rabbit and once again great job on Come Together.

Anyone else with feedback feel free to drop me a Link and I'll check out!
Last edited by HappyGilmore899 at Aug 16, 2011,
Hey man, you absolutely nailed it indeed! Your tone is great, it fits perfectly to the song and you played the solo without any mistakes for me. It is good to see that you really like this solo and you enjoy playing it. Keep up the good work!

C4C? Maybe not your cup of tea, but ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaCO8Rtdpc
Good job man I really liked it and I'm a big David Gilmour fan, great phrasing like that seems so overlooked with todays who can play the fastest mentality. People don't realize how hard it is to really match the phrasing of a player like that. A few little mistakes I caught like a slightly off bend and one note that didn't really ring out, but thats nit picking. Good stuff man and thanks for subscribing I appreciate it.
Quote by Osiris77
Good job man I really liked it and I'm a big David Gilmour fan, great phrasing like that seems so overlooked with todays who can play the fastest mentality. People don't realize how hard it is to really match the phrasing of a player like that. A few little mistakes I caught like a slightly off bend and one note that didn't really ring out, but thats nit picking. Good stuff man and thanks for subscribing I appreciate it.

Yeah there were a two times where I didn't let a bend ring out long enough but with the overall gain up fairly high I was really afraid of inadvertent string hits so was a little too cautious lol. The one bend that sticks out to me is the C# Half Step Bend on the 14th fret which is actually not in the original recording but part of the solo tab I used. My bends are off in a few spots, its always been tough on me to get a feel for the pitch and something I work on every day. Really appreciate the feedback and the compliment, Gilmour is definitely very hard to emulate.

Anyone else with any feedback keep dropping links and I'll crit back.
Note and rhythm wise all of the playing was perfect and I loved the tone, so I'll just nitpick :P

At some times during the original, especially during some of the bends he does a tiny kinda fast vibrato which would give the solo just a little more 'life' from the movement of the note if you know what I mean. Besides those little nuances you pretty much have it nailed down man =]

Also, sub'd
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
sounds good, good tone, nice playing, just try and make sure that you get your bends in tune, some were a bit out

keep it up :-)
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce
Italia Maranello Standard
Fender American Deluxe Strat

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
that was fantastic man! tone was spot on and i really couldnt spot many flaws. a couple of bends were a tad bit out of tune but otherwise you ****ing nailed it! totally gonna learn this song too now
ghast - Thanks alot for the feedback. Definitely understand what you're saying about the vibrato in the bends (Gilmour: Master of nuance!) and something I can work on. Sent you a PM on Youtube about "My Mistake" as well.

kriscius - Thanks alot!

dwally89 - Yeah I seem to be making up for my lack of skill with some really solid tones out of Guitar Rig lol.

Sean Ashe - Will definitely check out your cover. Thanks alot for the feedback and suggestion on the vibrato.

akack - Thanks alot for the feedback. "Time" Is really a great track and an amazing solo, definitely should learn it!

Anyone else with any feedback just feel free to drop me a link and I'll check out yours as well! Don't forget to sub if you've got Youtube and I'll sub right back.