I Don't want to spend a ton getting eddie's 5150 stuff. Plus I want my own sound in ways too. But I'd like something similar. I currently I have a fender california fat strat with a humbucker that i play through a mesa subway amp but I don't like the sound too much. It sounds mean which is good lol, but it's way too distorted. Mesa amps just aren't overly clean imo especially when it comes to distortion. They have their own sound and it is what it is. I'm basically just a bedroom player. Bought this stuff when I was around 20 and have been messing around for about 10 years.
Last edited by celtic34 at Aug 16, 2011,
A modded 1987x Plexi or a Peavey 5150/6505.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
The Bugera 6205 stuff isn't bad Mtucker on Youtube does a wide range of VH covers and gets a pretty dead on brown sound with GFS Pickups, an inexpensive set up that sounds amazing.
Quote by Slash_fanboy
Wampler Pinnacle through the clean channel of your Mesa???
Wampler makes great pedals...

+1

However, what era tone are you looking for? If you want that big ballsy chimey tone you also need to add a harmonizer. Its basically 1 dry tone, one + ~.7 up and - ~.7 down

People try to fake it with chorus but it doesn't really sound right.