Hey,

So at the moment I'm using an old big transformer to power my pedals, and I'm wondering what my best option would be if I decide to upgrade my power supply.

Pedals are in my sig,

Thanks.
either an SKB powered pedalboard, or the Dunlop DC power brick. Also the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
either an SKB powered pedalboard, or the Dunlop DC power brick. Also the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2.

If you're going to use the Power Brick, you'd be better off just getting a One Spot. they do the exact same thing, just the Power Brick is neater, and costs a hell of a lot more.

You're best bet would likely be the Pedal Power 2.
Quote by stonyman65

I should mention I've got a homemade board which I want to keep using, so no powered boards for me..

Quote by robhc
If you're going to use the Power Brick, you'd be better off just getting a One Spot. they do the exact same thing, just the Power Brick is neater, and costs a hell of a lot more.

You're best bet would likely be the Pedal Power 2.

The VL seems pricey. Uk it's £150, which I think is more expensive than any of my pedals...

I may buy it, if there were no cheaper options. I'm looking at the GigRigs stuff, it seems cool but I can't see me wanting any more pedals, or if I did it would be replacing my chorus or whatever.

Also, I don't expect for the power supply to be able to power my Whammy or EQ, but it'd be a nice touch..

Thanks guys.
Last edited by DeadlySurfer at Aug 16, 2011,
The BBE Supa Charger is cheap and works great, i've had it for 3 years and no complaints.
I make band posters!

Epiphone Special II, Squier Classic Vibe Tele-->
Toyroom Effects Louder-->
Boss SD-1, DD-3, RV-5-->
Line 6 DL4-->
Vox AC15c1
Quote by ourmagichour
The BBE Supa Charger is cheap and works great, i've had it for 3 years and no complaints.

Cheap in comparrison to? It's £117 here, and the VLPP2 is £149. £32 and you get the "best".
Pedal power 2 all the way. Built like a tank, very neat and tidy whilst creating no unwanted hum/noise through the pedals.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Pedal power 2 all the way. Built like a tank, very neat and tidy whilst creating no unwanted hum/noise through the pedals.

One question;

I don't really plan on getting more pedals (But GAS strikes when you least expect it...) so what would you do if you get more than 8 pedals? Using a chain would mean the isolated outputs are worthless, and buying two seems a bit over the top?
Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 is the best one out there for the price IMO.

Don't get the DC Brick, it's an overpriced POS. The One Spot is a really, really good value if you want to keep it on a budget. If you gig a lot, I would go for the Voodoo Labs, but if you're just playing around the house, the One Spot is more than adequate.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by DeadlySurfer
One question;

I don't really plan on getting more pedals (But GAS strikes when you least expect it...) so what would you do if you get more than 8 pedals? Using a chain would mean the isolated outputs are worthless, and buying two seems a bit over the top?

I think it would be ok to daisy chain a few if you're over a pedal or two. The problem arises when you start daisy chaining loads. You'll run into lots of noise issues then.

Honestly, buying another isolated output is useless unless you have 3 or 4 extra pedals that need powering.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by DeadlySurfer
One question;

I have the PP2 and 18 pedals.
So I do have to daisy chain a few.
If you have more than 8 pedals, you may need to experiment as some pedals don't do daisy chaining power well.