I just want to know, whats the most efficient and effective way of learning a scale?
I know reinforcing with practice helps but to get the basic feel whats the fastest way?
know which notes your playing. understand the formula for creating a scale (wholes/half steps). understand what variants make which mode.

and then play them over and over and over until their burnt into your brain.
Right now I am working with a book by Ted Greene called Single Note Soloing. I'm just taking a couple positions and learning all of the arpeggios of all 7 chords in the major scale. Of course get all your theory and stuff down too. And LISTEN TO HOW THE SCALES AND CHORDS SOUND. I am a jazz student so maybe this won't work for you but there you go.
And also, unrelated, but my hand hurts when I play fast for a while

is this just from overworking it with stretches and playing on .11s in E standard?

or am i doing something wrong?
Quote by italiarlz135
And also, unrelated, but my hand hurts when I play fast for a while

is this just from overworking it with stretches and playing on .11s in E standard?

or am i doing something wrong?

I'm pretty sure that's just from playing for extensive periods of time. If you just keep practicing and it should go away. It's just like doing a workout; you eventually built the strength to do it repeatedly without pain. I also had this same issue for a while and like I said, it went away eventually.

Keep working man!
Understanding it and using it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com