I got this tab book of Led Zeppelin, and on the song stairway to heaven the solo has C.D. written on some parts, what does it mean?

Here is a picture
It looks like it means to bend the note a whole step. If you look at the standard notation, the first note is higher than the second note, even though they are at the same fret on the tab. Same with the cho. marking.
Last edited by blaaargh at Aug 17, 2011,
Quote by blaaargh
It looks like it means to bend the note a whole step. If you look at the standard notation, the first note is higher than the second note, even though they are at the same fret on the tab. Same with the cho. marking.

That's certainly an interesting theory. It a shame google searches don't really bring up any results. If this is from a tab book, have a look at either the front or the back of the book (inside cover) to see whether it has a legend. Legend is a list of musical symbols that are used within the notation of the book and it tells you what those symbols mean. The page number of the legend should be included in the table of contents.
The trouble with democracy is, no matter who you vote for the government always gets in.
Quote by DanBrown93
That's certainly an interesting theory. It a shame google searches don't really bring up any results. If this is from a tab book, have a look at either the front or the back of the book (inside cover) to see whether it has a legend. Legend is a list of musical symbols that are used within the notation of the book and it tells you what those symbols mean. The page number of the legend should be included in the table of contents.

The book doesn't have a legend part, It's also a PDF so maybe some parts are cut out...
I could try and upload it so you guys could have a look at it?

Also doesn't the C.D. go down a step and the cho. up one? I found out that cho means bend here http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f23/what-does-cho-mean-in-music-notation-111864.html
Yea, if my interpretation is correct then C.D. would be like a pre-bend, where you bend the string before you hit the note so that it's at the higher pitch when you pick it, and then you release for the next note.
Ah... Yeah I didn't think about that your probably right, Thanks for the help.