Okay, so I was thinking about this earlier.
Would you take a bullet for someone?
Be it, a stranger, a friend, a close friend, a best friend, or a lover?

Also, if you had a person's life in your hands, and you had a choice to save it, would you do it? At what point would you not save a life? If you had to sacrifice your life for 1 person, would you do it? What if it were 5? 10? 20? 50?

Personally, I would probably take a bullet for a stranger, and sacrifice myself to save even just 1 person.
Pick one question and ask it, please, Mr. New York Times.

EDIT: inb4 laid-to-waste posts the Trolley thought experiment.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 16, 2011,
Quote by severed-metal
Hard to say. I'd have to be in that situation to really know.

This.
NO ONE can truly say until they get in that situation.
nah. Bullets tend to be a bloody business and often hurt like hell.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
For my gf, ya; for most other people, hell no, take your own bullets.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I wouldn't take a bullet for anyone. But there's probably no limit to how many people I would 'sacrifice' for someone I liked, let alone loved. If you asked me to trade the life of a million strangers for the life of my best friend, I'd do it without even thinking about it.
My instincts are telling me that keeping my life safe is the key to my survival.

So no.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Hears my problem with taking a bullet... What if the shooter has more bullets?
If it was a single bullet with little to no chance of more to come after I'd take it for friend or family I think.
Bullets kinda hurt hey..... I got shot in paintball once and that was bad enough...
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
I wouldn't die for anyone I don't think.
Taking a bullet doesn't mean death though, and if I could take a bullet in the leg or somewhere that I would definitely recover in a few months, I totally would.

-"Buy me that"
-"What? no it's far too expensive"
-"I took a bullet for you man."
-"Oh well... ok then"
How big, how many, and why would the shooter stop because some other guy jumped in? If I want someone deadified, I'm not going to worry about having to spend a few dollars more to replace another bullet.
I always look out for people but I won't get myself into situations I don't think will end well. For example if I would see a single guy mugging someone I would definatly intervene. But if it were 3 or more I would cal the cops and stay as a witness for thecourt case.

So on that note, yes I would take a bullet for someone, even a stranger, if I felt I could save their lives.

And as for the life saving thing...it would depend on numerous factors. Who it is, age, etc. Like I wouldn't save someone who's +90 and lived a full and happy life. But a 5 your old kid for sure.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
If its me for one person, NO. If its me for 2, Maybe. for 3 people probably. More than 4, Yes. But if the people are prisoners or criminals, NO even it was a couple thousand.
I actually shoved an old buddy of mine outta the way of a transport. He doesn't even talk to me anymore, the ungrateful SoB. Another friend of mine almost fell off a 3 story house but I caught him before he slid off. No idea what where he is since he also turned his back on me. Damn, I've had ungrateful friends. Don't have any now.

My buddy from high school just recently was killed in a car accident with his girlfriend and his infant daughter. I still wish that was me and not them. He had a family, a good paying job and was just starting his life and I have nothing. Should have been me that died....

More on topic, I've never been afraid to fight and protect anyone so yes, I would without hesitation.
Because, Boobs
Last edited by CynX at Aug 17, 2011,
Quote by Grimnak27
If its me for one person, NO. If its me for 2, Maybe. for 3 people probably. More than 4, Yes. But if the people are prisoners or criminals, NO even it was a couple thousand.

Most guns have more then four bullets...
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by cornmancer
No fair, you're a shield. That's what shields do.

Yeah you're right, I am pretty jacked
My God, it's full of stars!
Given the opportunity I would definitely take a bullet for anyone in my family or any of my close friends. I would like to think I'd take a bullet for a stranger but I'd probably hesitate.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by CynX
I actually shoved an old buddy of mine outta the way of a transport. He doesn't even talk to me anymore, the ungrateful SoB. Another friend of mine almost fell off a 3 story house but I caught him before he slid off. No idea what where he is since he also turned his back on me. Damn, I've had ungrateful friends. Don't have any now.

My buddy from high school just recently was killed in a car accident with his girlfriend and his infant daughter. I still wish that was me and not them. He had a family, a good paying job and was just starting his life and I have nothing. Should have been me that died....

I feel that way too about a lot of people.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Only for a girlfriend/wife, children.

It all depends on the circumstances, i don't know if i could live with the guilt if it was a friend or family member, it's hard to say.
Last edited by maowcat at Aug 17, 2011,
I don't think it's really possible outside of fiction..

You'd have to anticipate that they were going to shoot and jump well before they pulled the trigger, in which case they'd probably realise what you're doing and shoot once you're out of the way again. Or just shoot you and the other person.
I think one of my really good friends in particular I would take a bullet for, but theory may be different from reality.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Yea, I would for a few people. If I didn't I would forever feel horrible that I hadn't.

Also, inb4 Zoot
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...