Alright, I've figured out that I'm going to say **** it to all you regular people and start a band.
I'm going to earn up some money to buy a decent gig amp and another guitar and a van. Then, I'm going to find at least one other person and hit the road and head to Los Angeles or get plane tickets and go to london. I'm going to form a band and live in my van and in cheap hotels and play in bars until I get noticed enough to get signed.

Where should I go and what is the best place to start. (I'm serious about this.)
part of my says you are a retard, part of me says no matter what the outcome you won't regret this.

walk around alone at night. Put ads in magazines/online. Make threads to tell us how this all turned out.
Well you joined in Aug 2011, so what do you know. I honestly would rather live on the streets than finish school like the rest of society, that's so mainstream.
Quote by TS's profile

Birthdate:1996

Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by FearMyLightning
Well you joined in Aug 2011, so what do you know. I honestly would rather live on the streets than finish school like the rest of society, that's so mainstream.

Yeah, fuk da mainstream. Lets go do some different shit just because it's different. Poverty? **** that.
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Quote by FearMyLightning
play in bars until I get noticed enough to get signed.

Take this from someone who is actually in a signed band-

It doesn't work like that.
Find talented musicians with a similar musical style to your own and make good music. Then when you realize that nobody wants to hear that sort of thing play a four chord progression and get a nasally tenor who can't sing in key live and hope your bandmembers are attractive and/or chic enough to catch on.
This is not a serious thread. I was not expecting serious responses.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Find talented musicians with a similar musical style to your own and make good music. Then when you realize that nobody wants to hear that sort of thing play a four chord progression and get a nasally tenor who can't sing in key live and hope your bandmembers are attractive and/or chic enough to catch on.

This guy ^.
Quote by That_Hot_Guy
Yeah, fuk da mainstream. Lets go do some different shit just because it's different. Poverty? **** that.

Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Quote by FearMyLightning
I'm going to form a band and live in my van and in cheap hotels and play in bars until I get noticed enough to get signed.

Damn dude, you got this all backwards. People don't choose to live off vans or in cheap ass places, they have no choice because playing shows is the only source of income. And this of course is something every band wishes to avoid. You need to form a band first then see what's up down the road.

You may get lucky and like the work that you guys create or you may hate each other because no one is in agreement. I mean for example, thought my first band mates would be the last, but it didn't work out that way and even my friends didn't do to well as band mates.
Everyone's taking this too seriously.

Edit: This was a great way to get my profile view up, I should do this more often.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Aug 16, 2011,
Get awesome band members, get awesome instruments, write awesome song and play awesome gigs!.
Rawr!
Quote by doomded

Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by FearMyLightning

Quote by FearMyLightning
I'm serious about this.

This is why.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
How to be a Rock Star:
1. Move to LA.
2. Meet liked minded musicians
3. Practice
4. Gig
5. Get signed.
6. Overdose on Heroin
7. Write a book about heroin.
Quote by FearMyLightning

Edit: This was a great way to get my profile view up, I should do this more often.

You care about profile views?

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Zoot Allures
The first thing you need to do is make sure you only ever play 1 chord, and that chord has to be E, you can try to play D now and then for the ladies to show off if you like though.

Why does it seem like all of your posts are either liberal George Carlin-esque cynical spiels or talking about the awesomeness of the E chord?
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
1.) first you're gonna need some good band mates. you need to find people that are serious. you also want people that are reliable and have good street smarts. make sure they are the type of guys that nobody will **** with. i suggest Kodiak bears. they usually know their shit and are good at lugging around gear. these guys take stuff seriously, and they ain't nothing to **** with. you'd **** with the Wu Tang Clan before you **** with a Kodiak bear.

(Invalid img)

2.) decide on a genre that you all would like to play. keep in mind that you can choose to be awesome or commercially successful, but rarely both. the thread title indicates that you wish to be awesome. therefore your options prog rock, jazz fusion, sludge/stoner metal, or surf rock. the bears should be cool with any of them.

(Invalid img)

3.) next you need to find a place to practice. your parents' basement or garage are decent options. make sure the place is as closed to soundproof as possible. it's gonna get loud in there.

(Invalid img)

4.) practice your asses off. rock out in crazy basement jam sessions until you are rock gods.

(Invalid img)

5.) play shows. rock the audience harder than they have ever been rocked. do this day in and day out until you are rock stars playing huge stadiums in front of millions of crazy fans.

(Invalid img)
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
1.) first you're gonna need some good band mates. you need to find people that are serious. you also want people that are reliable and have good street smarts. make sure they are the type of guys that nobody will **** with. i suggest Kodiak bears. they usually know their shit and are good at lugging around gear. these guys take stuff seriously, and they ain't nothing to **** with. you'd **** with the Wu Tang Clan before you **** with a Kodiak bear.

(Invalid img)

2.) decide on a genre that you all would like to play. keep in mind that you can choose to be awesome or commercially successful, but rarely both. the thread title indicates that you wish to be awesome. therefore your options prog rock, jazz fusion, sludge/stoner metal, or surf rock. the bears should be cool with any of them.

(Invalid img)

3.) next you need to find a place to practice. your parents' basement or garage are decent options. make sure the place is as closed to soundproof as possible. it's gonna get loud in there.

(Invalid img)

4.) practice your asses off. rock out in crazy basement jam sessions until you are rock gods.

(Invalid img)

5.) play shows. rock the audience harder than they have ever been rocked. do this day in and day out until you are rock stars playing huge stadiums in front of millions of crazy fans.

(Invalid img)

I'm not sure how to feel about this post
Quote by Zoot Allures
Not a day goes by that i don't ask myself the very same thing.

Well E is a nice chord...
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by theogonia777

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

Wow. Amazing.

I'd go see a band with bears.
Quote by theogonia777

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by theogonia777
*Beast of a post*

Incredible

OT: Use the Batman searchlight, but use a penis instead of the Batman logo. UGers will come flockin'.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by theogonia777
*Bear post*

I love you.
I pride myself on my humility.
Last edited by mtshark at Aug 17, 2011,
op, finish school

Srsly. My shitty band plays regularly and we dont have to be homeless and non mainstream. We just lug our shit to local shows and house shows(house shows get the best followings)

and hell, we headlined the whiskey a go go and are playing with the misfits in october.

PLAY HOUSE SHOWSSSSSS
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Incredible

OT: Use the Batman searchlight, but use a penis instead of the Batman logo. UGers will come flockin'.

Is this a Kick-Ass reference? I can't tell....

...but yeah, I'm 15 and not in a band, thuogh I'd love to be. I'm not going to run around in a a van though. Finish school, see what lies ahead of you, and then do what you want then. It also then gives you more time to think about this shit more seriously.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
So...... TS decides to tell us what he is going to do and where he is going to go.....

and then asks where he should go and how to start???

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Weaponized
Just play wat da ppl wanna hear, U gonna get signed like da Constitution.

My sig. You're going in it.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]