ok so My parents want to buy a me a 7string guitar for my 18th bday which isnt untill september, but they want to know before september so if they have to order it, itll be here on time.

budget is 1000$ after taxes tops. and Id rather have new.

considering:

Ibanez RGA 7
Ibanez S7420
Schecter C7 blackjack ATX.

the 2 im more leaning towards are the S7420 and the schecter. the ibanez would get a pickup swap too, but I have no idea what Id put in there, BKPs are too expesnive in canada for me, and im not sold on dimarzio or seymour duncan for passives.

so whcih would you choose?

(the RGA would get blackouts if i got it)
(the S7420 would get passives only)

the trem would be really nice but not mandatory i guess.
also, ive played the rga7, it was ok pretty indifferent to ibanez 7 string necks (dont really like them or hate them)

just not too sure on the versatility of blackouts
Schecter, though the actives are a bit of down for me. Although I've heard nice things about Blackouts. Plus schecter=better build quality.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
I've seen so many Schecter vs. Ibanez threads lately and I always say the same thing. Schecter and Ibanez necks are basicallly on opposite sides of the spectrum ion terms of necks. Schecters are more bulky fat necks while Ibanez are some of the thinnest. Try out some Ibbys and check out some Schecters and decide which neck profile you prefer. Other than that they are both made in Korea, the S has a trem and the schecter has actives while the other two dont.
id say schecter... the blackouts are pretty deece... i got em in my demon 7 and as for the neck... its really not that bulky atall... i like it alooot
Quote by Levi79
I've seen so many Schecter vs. Ibanez threads lately and I always say the same thing. Schecter and Ibanez necks are basicallly on opposite sides of the spectrum ion terms of necks. Schecters are more bulky fat necks while Ibanez are some of the thinnest. Try out some Ibbys and check out some Schecters and decide which neck profile you prefer. Other than that they are both made in Korea, the S has a trem and the schecter has actives while the other two dont.

I've said this a few times too.
Schecter necks are not fat. At all. Ibanez necks are very thin, Schecters are still fairly thin but not as much.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Ibanez S7420 and put whichever pups u wanna put in it : ) btw, active is ALWAYS the way to go hahahahaha, but its all preference honkey so do what ya do : )
I acutally just found out about the schecter solo atx c7, if more info comes out on those, I think Ill be really wanting one of those
Schecter Jeff Loomis Sig. Cannot go wrong with that. I tried both C7 and Loomis and the Loomis is quite better. Loomis is more of a U neck while C7 I believe is a D (and its not thin). Getting a Loomis sig myself cuz the necks so awesome to play on
Quote by Seanthesheep

so whcih would you choose?

The RG7 can fuck off, first of all; it's a beginner's guitar. I already have a C7 Hellraiser, and while it's great and all, I don't need another active guitar.

So the S it is.