Hey guys, I saw this guy at Best Buy today playing with a loop station and he made some of the best sounding stuff I've ever heard with http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/boss-rc-20xl-loop-station

so I was wondering what the differences are between that and http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/boss-rc-3-loop-station/h71077000000000

Thanks, Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
17?

but seriously, the 20 has two footswitches so it makes things alot easier as on the RC-3 if you hold the footswitch down it reacts differently to if you just press it.
also the 20's have much more control over different parameters
I would save up for an RC-30 or a digitech jamman stereo. They each have 99 tracks.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

RC-2 = single pedal, mono, I think it was like 16 loops.
RC-20 = double pedal, stereo, not sure here, I thought the 20 was same number of memory slots.

RC-3 = newer version... single pedal, mono, 99 memories, can use optional FS-5U footswitch.
RC-30 = double pedal, stereo, 99 memories.

The RC-3/RC-30 also have a longer total record time.

I have the RC-3. I didn't need stereo and for the extra $100.00 it just wasn't justified.
So if I just wanted to experiment and make some cool stuff up with a few tracks like a percussive track, bass track, rhythm track, and lead track, what do you guys think I should look at?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

FYI, from what I hear the RC-30 has a pause when switching loops. If that isn't fixed I would pass on it. If you ever what to make loops that you can switch to do verse/chorus/verse then the pause is a deal breaker.

Digitech Jamman is good stuff.
Quote by tr3nt
So if I just wanted to experiment and make some cool stuff up with a few tracks like a percussive track, bass track, rhythm track, and lead track, what do you guys think I should look at?
Making separate tracks is for your computer workstation. The GNX4 has an onboard 8 track recorder that allows this. With most loopers a prebuilt loop is basically a backing track. The tracks are generally not separate. They are mixed together. Some loopers allow multiple independent but synced loops. Those are usually more expensive than the basic Jamman stuff. The Jamman is good because of the large amount of storage.

You can also get something like the Zoom G3 that has a 40 sec looper. No saving or storage of any kind. Most of the clips in my profile are done with a looper on the G3 or ME-25.
Should I jump on the Jamman solo for $150?

I like the Jamman right now, but what's the difference between mono and stereo, is it just the tap tempo?