I want to power my EMGs with two 9v in parallel in order to get double the life span. Can i do that by just connecting the negative to negative and positive to positive and then going from there to the pickup? Diagram?
Schecter Damien Elite Avenger FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Schecter Damien Elite
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Stratocaster Fretless
Samick Dreadnaught Acoustic (Unknown Model)
Various Marshall Amplifiers
Boss SD-1
Boss CS-3
emgs generally last about a year and a half or so why do you need 2 9v if adding a battery i would do it in series and make it 18v it supposedly tightens up the low end and makes it a little more defined
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
If you're as incredibly intelligent as I am, you'll risk your electronics and think "ug, battery hot" when you get it wrong then flip the terminals around.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Quote by JStraitiff
I want to power my EMGs with two 9v in parallel in order to get double the life span. Can i do that by just connecting the negative to negative and positive to positive and then going from there to the pickup? Diagram?

Couldn't you just buy higher capacity batteries?
If you want the best of both worlds you could hook it up to a switch to go from parallel to serial. That way you'd have it 18V modded, but when you want to go back to 9V there would be more battery life, and the batteries would drain evenly.
pikka bird hit it on the money. Thats exactly what i was doing. However i found through research that wiring two 9v batteries in parallel has some significant downfalls. How many of them actually matter in practice, i dont know. but none the less i ended up just wiring them so the one is out of circuit when in 9v mode. I may later on figure out a better solution but for now i have it set up so the tone control is a push pull pot where up is 18v.
Schecter Damien Elite Avenger FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Schecter Damien Elite
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Stratocaster Fretless
Samick Dreadnaught Acoustic (Unknown Model)
Various Marshall Amplifiers
Boss SD-1
Boss CS-3
Quote by selkies
emgs generally last about a year and a half or so why do you need 2 9v if adding a battery i would do it in series and make it 18v it supposedly tightens up the low end and makes it a little more defined

Mine only lasted about 3 months before they started to loose high end, course, I played ALOT.

Depends on how often you play. I like the switch idea though.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Mine only lasted about 3 months before they started to loose high end, course, I played ALOT.

Depends on how often you play. I like the switch idea though.

Ethan the other thing is they're like pedals in that the jack controls whether power is being used or not.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.