I just got home after buying some new cords ton run my FX loop on my Peavey XXL and I plugged the return plug into the wrong jack. I put it in the Left speaker. I turned it on and my multi pedal that I was going to use for an Noise gate and EQ aso had a Flanger on it. It made a super loud screech and we ende up turning it all off. Now With or without the fx loop it sounds very low even maxed out. Did I blow my cab or what? Every thing is brand new which would be a major disapointment. Could something else be wrong and if so how could I fix it.
The left speaker jack that is in my Amp. I actually just plugge the head into a different speaker and it sounded the same so then what coud have happened to my head.
well it sounds like what happened is ur amp head bypassed the preamp section and used the speaker as a super large diaphragm mic and sent it to the output of the other speakers now you might have damaged ur output transformer and tubes so id start with power tubes and then the o.t.
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Basically, you blew your speaker. That or theirs a power supply problem. Replace the speakers and the rig should work again

Well it is probably a power supply problem then. If you use batteries for your pedals, replace them with a cable and visa versa. Maybe it could have to do with your cables. Hmm, I don't really know... The only time this would happen to me is when the batteries in one of my pedals would die.

let me rephrase everything. I am currently plugged straight into my amp and using everything I was using prior to (Last time it was working fine). Nothing crazy. And Now its volume is like major shot.
try going guitar-amp-speaker cab if you have not. If that doesnt work, you probably screwed up the OT and will need to get your amp serviced.

It may be cheaper to get a new amp, but that depends on how much the parts and labor are. I have never replaced a OT on a SS amp, but it will run @$200 on a good day for an OT swap on a tube amp.

EDIT: unplug all unnessisary cables/pedals from your amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 17, 2011,
^Don't feel bad that you've never replaced an OT in a SS amp. Nobody has. They don't exist.

What probably happened is that you got some DC flyback from the preamp to the power section and fried the entire power section. That would essentially ruin the whole amp.
Quote by Roc8995
^Don't feel bad that you've never replaced an OT in a SS amp. Nobody has. They don't exist.

What probably happened is that you got some DC flyback from the preamp to the power section and fried the entire power section. That would essentially ruin the whole amp.

I feal like a retard!!!
I have actualy never even looked inside a SS amp!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate