Hey all, I'm working on my headbanging techniques. So far I have the following (please add a comment with other techniques since I couldn't find this info elsewhere!)

Simple nod: As performed by Mustaine in the That One Night in Buenos Aires while playing the intro riff for Blackmail the Universe.
My neck's gonna break: Again, Mustaine playing the spider-chords part in Wake up Dead in the Blood in the Water live from San Diego DVD.
Just say no!: Robert Trujillo's side to side headbang while getting the shoulders involved
Chris Broderick's upward hair whip: as seen on the intro of Symphony of Destruction in The Big 4 live from Bulgaria, Sofia DVD
Windmill: we all know this one
Bald-blitzkrieg: Whatever it is that Kerry King does with his head while playing.
Just say yes!: Angus Young's brilliant "I look like I'm a drunk that can't stop nodding" style.

I know that they're more out there. What headbanging style do you do?
Not entirely sure how Trujillo does it, but it's that sorta thing I do..
Generally depends on the style of music. Often use small headbangs in a nodding fashion to count the time so it doesn't detract too much attention from intricate riffing. Small, medium, small, medium, unless it gets to a sludgey/moshy point where the head drops and Mustaine-bangs.

Also, when my hair was longer (and when it gets back there), the upward Broderick move as mentioned above is probably the most brilliant I've ever seen.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
My band did the whole syncro hardcore headbang thing, for the most part I refused to join in
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
You seriously put this much thought into the "different types" of headbanging?

Wow.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
My band does the Hair Metal Synchronized bang on our accented notes. Check out a live version of Still of the Night, covered by Steel panther
Guitars:
FENDER Sugar Rush, Scala-Caster Strat
KRAMER Striker600ST (from 86)

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Rocktron Banshee 2 Talkbox
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
be a man and immortal-style, super-fast windmill headbang + simultaneously make your most metal face possible. Go to exactly 4:25 in the following link for back to back examples. now practice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4Ngo-L0u8
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"