Hey guys, I'm looking at some new amps and pedals (moreso pedals)and I'm seriously considering Blackstar-ing the chips out of my sound.

At the moment I'm running an Epiphone Special II w/ an EMG 81 into a Line 6 Floor POD but I cant get any nice drives or distortion that I like. I've been using a Line 6 Insane setting for a while (hold it.) but my styles are changing and I'm finding it doesn't cut the mustard anymore. The amp I'm using is a second or third hand Fender Frontman 212R.

Has anyone had experience with Blackstar? Im looking at the HT-DRIVE and the Stage-600.
What kind of tones are you looking for (maybe post YT-clips or give a good description)?
What's your budget?
Are you in a band/gigging?
Is a used amp OK for you?
Have you thought about taking the effects out of your setup altogether & using the Drive & MoreDrive channels on the amp?

The amp is designed to do it on it's own, so don't force other effects on it if you don't have to. Simplicity is often the key.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Gary - You may be thinking of a Hot Rod series amp. The Frontman series has horrible distortion.
Quote by Helicopters!
Gary - You may be thinking of a Hot Rod series amp. The Frontman series has horrible distortion.

I wasn't actually thinking about any specific model of amp - I just did a quick google for the Frontman's specs to check what channels it has and suggested it. I always believe the most basic setup is the best place to start, if it doesn't work how you want it to, then you think about adding things.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by JesusCrisp
What kind of tones are you looking for (maybe post YT-clips or give a good description)?
What's your budget?
Are you in a band/gigging?
Is a used amp OK for you?

I'm looking for tones like um... Anberlin's New Surrender album sound (specifically The Resistance, Glass to the Arson and Feel Good Drag), but something that can also do songs like Dani California by Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Budget is medium-range... ish. I'm seriously considering an Ltd EC-1000 and after that I'll still have about a grand to burn. I'm leaning more towards just buying pedals until I finish school, then I might work on an amp after that.

I'm not currently gigging but me and a mate are starting a band soon.

It depends how 'used' it is. Like if its gonna need a lot of work then probably not. If all it needs is a spit-and-shine or some new knobs or something thats great.

Fender Drive/Distortion is the pits. But the reverb is fantastic.
I think you'd be best off with a Blackstar HT-40 or 60.
The Blackstar will do the gain stuff pretty well and some decent enough cleans.
For the distortion sound on Dani California Frusciante used a Boss Pedal BTW, but the Blackstar can do some lower gain sounds too, not as well as amps which are designed for lower gain, but good enough.

If you aren't dying for EMGs and a thin neck, you better go with a Gibson Les Paul Studio for the guitar though. The new Faded series ones are pretty much a steal.
I suggest investing in an amp - no amount of pedals is going to fix your setup. Your amp is the foundation of your tone - everything else is just icing on the cake.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X