So I got a Saffire 6, which is meant to be amazing, but I plug it in, open reaper, load some VSTs up and stuff.

I dunno why but there's no audio from my computer in relation to the guitar at all (but stuff like music plays out it fine).
So I plug headphones into the interface, and hear something. I think all is fine.

Later I try it with LePou's LeXTC and LeCab. But all I hear is the same as before, a clean guitar tone.

No idea what's happening. =/
Are you sure that you're monitoring the DAW output? Because it sounds like you aren't, you need to adjust the settings in your DAW accordingly.
I've set everything as it should be in the DAW and with the interface.

But all I get is nothing from my computer (tried it with the laptop's speakers as the playback thingy and with the interface as that but with headphones), and just the clean tone of what's going into the interface from the monitor output.

From what it looks like, the only way I could record as it is, is to record something with the interface plugged in and all my VSTs and whatnot, then un-plug the interface, change the audio settings a bit, then listen to it back...but I know this is't how it's supposed to work.

I also know my computer's up to scratch cos I know a guy who uses a laptop which is of lesser quality than mine, and he uses a Lexicon Lambda and a condensor mic with the same DAW and gets results.

So I have no idea. It's definitely not that the product's faulty, there'd be more obvious signs if tht was the case.
Are you clicking the "Monitor input" button when recording guitar? If not, you should be.
Give me a bit of credit!

I've recorded before, just with less than fancy methods when it's been home recording, I know my way around Reaper well enough to know that my settings are right.
I was just checking aha, no offence intended. Mostly because you're only getting the pre-fader monitoring, which means that your signal routing is a bit off.

If it's not that then the next step is re-installing the drivers and then checking if it's still happening.
Yeah I'll have to give it a shot, cheers.

I'm beginning to think that the product is actually faulty, or at least something is. I did think it was a bit off that nothing on the installation CD matched the name of what was written in the manual as the installation software. I installed the drivers and stuff, but nothing else...I dunno.

I'll give that a shot, if not I'll try to get my cash back.
Have you gone to the website to see if they have updated the drivers? Just a thought. I have Sonar 8.5 and windows 7x64, what are you using, I just bought this interface a couple months ago, and it is f@#$ing awesome, it only took 5 minutes to get playing inside Sonar, so I hope ya do not give up, and maybe w/ some more info, we can figure it out. Tried running everything through interface, input, and output, because I have to use one or the other. Please do not take offense, but have instrument button engaged on interface, and not pad. There is also the mixer/input knob, tried those? Also A/B on headphones, on right one? Just trying sorry if insulting, just want it to work for ya!
At the Focusrite website they walk ya through the installation process, maybe check it out, and load everything if you're up to it, remember having some issues, but w/ loops and Bass Station, Plug-In Suite. Sorry so long-winded, let us know how ya get along!
'10 Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alp.Wht.)w/coil-tapping, PRS Paul Allender, Cort SJ-10 elec/acoust., Tradition(LP copy),Focusrite Saffire 6, JBL mon., Akai MPK25, Sonar 8.5.3 PE, Guitar Rig 4 Pro, HP dv6 DuoCore2, Windows 7 x64 .Sonar X1 PE
I'll give any updated drivers a go, but I'm getting a bit tired with this whole mass of effort!
Right now I'm thinking having £150 back would be a lot nicer.

And Graysquirrel, yeah everything is as it should be. I have like, literally no money after this purchase so I've pretty much checked everything I can!

EDIT: Looking at the website, surely the product I received will have the "updated" drivers from last October? I'll still give it a shot, though I'm tentative that it'll work! Thing I might have just got a duff box.
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Aug 17, 2011,
I know it doesn't make ya feel any better, but there are professionals out there comparing this to RMEs($700), thats how good the sound is!, It seems like a routing problem, but I will leave ya alone, if ya can make send ya another with free tech walking ya through it! Good luck, I'm out!
'10 Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alp.Wht.)w/coil-tapping, PRS Paul Allender, Cort SJ-10 elec/acoust., Tradition(LP copy),Focusrite Saffire 6, JBL mon., Akai MPK25, Sonar 8.5.3 PE, Guitar Rig 4 Pro, HP dv6 DuoCore2, Windows 7 x64 .Sonar X1 PE
I've found out the problem, apparently i3 processors **** up with the Saffire 6 (just my luck eh?).

So I need to buy something to make it so it'll work.

I have no money.

I'll be sending it back I think.
That blows sorry man, maybe win lottery ticket, how much more? If you're done talking about-completely understand, but why in the hell would it not work, all new ones are i3 or i5s, I'd call and bitch, and make them send it to me for free! Later, sorry again!
Promise last post, Tiger Direct or any computer store, anywhere fro $10 to $50 US, but you only need 2 port, and they are dirt cheap, maybe hope after all! Never hear from me ahain!
Yeah it doesn't cost a whole lot for one, but I think I've had enough with all this now!
I'm just going to return it. I've gone this long without recording I can hold out til I get a job and some money rollin'.

I'll just hope that they don't call me out on the whole processor thing so they can get out of giving me my money back.

I've had bad times trying to return stuff in the past. It seems even reputable places want to get out of give you money back!

I'll see how it goes and email them tomorrow.
That sucks over here, they give 30 days to try it out, a lot of places. Sweetwater is one of my favorites. I had a UA-1G from cakewalk $79, 1 input, but great quality? Good luck, keep jammin'!