Page 1 of 2
http://www.guitarcenter.com/MyAccount/Cart.aspx?qty=1&itemno=1610334&isaccess=0&isitemendpage=1

I was at the store yesterday and the guy said these are 99$ right now which is a freakin nasty deal, great looper and great delay. Even a god deal at 199, so i grabbed one at 99. You could even sell these on ebay for more. So snatch one up they are great pedals.

Idk if this is against the rules or not, but i hope everyone grabs one! aMAzing pedal!

- Joe
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
Last edited by RetroBasement at Aug 17, 2011,
what pedal?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
sorry that was dumb, i posted the linky.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
Wow, sorry for finding a killer deal at gc and posting it. You got me im actually the president of gc advertising on a forum. You got me, sorry for trying to share an awesome deal.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
I wouldnt call it advertising when i am in no way gaining from this PERIOD. None of the members from 5+ years ago had a problem with this. You have been on this forum for a few months, get off your high horse and let people take advantage of a great pedal.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
lolol kutless has no high horse.

he was just trying to follow the rules bro

but yeah, i wouldnt consider this advertising. just trying to pass on a good deal to fellow ug brothers
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've never seen anyone do this before so...
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by InanezGuitars44
lolol kutless has no high horse.

he was just trying to follow the rules bro

but yeah, i wouldnt consider this advertising. just trying to pass on a good deal to fellow ug brothers

+1

It's cool kutlass, I did the same thing a few years ago, I remember it pretty clearly . Someone advertising their own gear is one thing, but posting about a well known retailer when their join date isn't the same month and year as the post, it's usually cool.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
+1

It's cool kutlass, I did the same thing a few years ago, I remember it pretty clearly . Someone advertising their own gear is one thing, but posting about a well known retailer when their join date isn't the same month and year as the post, it's usually cool.

Oh, ok

I've just never seen someone do this before so I don't know if it's considered advertising or not.
Sorry for shitting on you, was pissed momentary but you had good intentions. I normally wouldnt post any plug but this is A REALLY GOOD DEAL. Anyone thats been looking to buy any looper knows this and its one of the finest delays imho.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

Ibanez rg770dx
Yeah, I'm sorry man.
Down boy, down. Consider the context Kutless.

It is a great deal, but I didn't care for that pedal. Mostly because the switches are cheap.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
a plexi for $150 is a good deal.

these will be on craigslist for $80 in like 2 weeks.

but thanks for posting in case anyone wants one.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I bought/sold mine for $80 both ways.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Got mine cheaper than that, didn't love it. Nice delay sounds but not enough looping time and no way to switch between modes on the fly.
You can switch between modes by tapping both switches at the same time. ^^

I love my headrush. It doesnt quite cover my analogue needs though. No oscillating craziness from this.

After the years ive had it the digital setting developed a little hiss too.

Great pedal none the less, good for crystal clear delay sounds, it gets a bit darker too with the HF damp.

I paid £120 ($200ish) for it, so thats a steal as far as im concerned.

The loop time can be made longer by switching the quality down. Frankly, ive never needed to use more than the 23 seconds you get standard, i dont see why you would. You shouldnt be trying to multi track with a looper...
Last edited by beckyjc at Aug 17, 2011,
Its 199.00 lol
Go thru the checkout procedure(but dont buy it) it comes to 199.00
I dont want one but I was curious when I seen- $99-$199.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by Roc8995
Got mine cheaper than that, didn't love it. Nice delay sounds but not enough looping time and no way to switch between modes on the fly.

Same. Yours is now being used by some hippy chick in Baltimore btw.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by beckyjc
Frankly, ive never needed to use more than the 23 seconds you get standard, i dont see why you would. You shouldnt be trying to multi track with a looper...
Arbitrary advice is arbitrary.
Quote by beckyjc
You can switch between modes by tapping both switches at the same time. ^^

The loop time can be made longer by switching the quality down. Frankly, ive never needed to use more than the 23 seconds you get standard, i dont see why you would. You shouldnt be trying to multi track with a looper...

Didn't know about the mode switch, mine had most of the printing worn off so I'm guessing that was indicated on there somewhere originally.

I really enjoy multitracking with a looper while practicing. The 46 seconds were often enough, but after using one of the Boss units with essentially unlimited time, it became apparent that more loop time was the way to go. For slower, longer progressions or for workshopping entire songs, the Headrush just doesn't cut it. Plus, after a few overdubs, the extended length loop gets a little grungy on account of the lower quality. For me the Headrush was good but just not what I wanted, which was a looper with enough time to track entire songs or particularly long progressions.
Each to their own. Just from my perspective i wouldnt use a looper for anything other than jamming by myself, then its enough for a few chords and maybe a little bassline or some volume swells. (Theres a clip in my profile, lonely jam, all done with the headrush.) It all starts sounding like mush when its all coming through the 1 speaker. (Though you can split the outputs on the headrush..)

Id never dream of using a looper live, most people would probably find it difficult too. If you want good quality results for recording a whole song you were probably better off spending that money on an audio interface/digital multi tracker for home use. Much better quality and clarity between the tracks (providing you can mix..). Which would mean youd probably be much happier with the results.

Just my 2cents.
Saying a looper isn't for multitracking is like saying an amp isn't for making your music louder. Most of the clips in my profile are done with a looper. It doesn't necessarily sound like mush coming out one speaker.

You have your expereience with the Headrush but you shouldn't assume that your experience translates well to all looperdom. In fact your experience is contrary to what predominately has led people to loopers.

Working with a DAW is a completely different experience than using a looper. Yes, if you want to compose a song and make a fairly professional recording then a DAW is better. Loopers are a creative tool for improvising without being hampered by having to do the DAW stop/rewind/restart process over and over.
Im not trying to sound up my own ass or anything. Do what you want with your looper. It's your euipment, by all means.

I dig the akai, I think loopers are a fun thing to have and a great help at improving timing and your skills as an actual musician, but as far as im concerned loopers are for practice. And i dont see the point in spending the £250/£150 the RC20/RC2 costs for the purpose of recording music when you arent getting professional results from it.
Your experience seems to suggest that the Akai is fairly poor quality as a looper. I thought the same thing when I read the specs. Seems ironic that you defend getting a professional recording, but then feel a better quality looper is of no point.

I'm not really concerned about professional recording results because my playing skills are not at professional level. The looper has done more to enhance my abilities than a professional DAW could ever do. The right tool to achieve the desired results is far more appropriate than any tool just because it's capable of professional quality. So much advice here and on other forums ignores this simple point.
Last edited by fly135 at Aug 17, 2011,
I've had a Boss RC-2 and an Akai Headrush and neither one was good enough for me to consider using live. The few times I tried to jam with a drummer with each were all unsuccessful. I hope Fly is right and I've just only tried the low end ones... But as of my current experience I agree with Becky that they are good tools for home use, but not exactly useful for the serious musician.

Again I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love a looper that is actually easy to use and works well.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Wait, this thing can allow you to plug into 3 different heads at once?

Who cares about the looper, three amps at once = epic
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You can actually get this pedal for $99, it only shows up as $199 in the cart because you automatically pick up 2 of them for some reason. You have to edit out one of them. I'm believing that this isn't a glitch, and guitar center is wanting to blow out the pedal from its inventory.

Most loopers will degrade in sound quality over time, especially with a ton of overdubs.

For instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ruic_HgQ6U Granted, this is a Boomerang looper, so it may have options for overdubbing such that it breaks down like that.

Or also in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cf3Hhj9JLc&t=1m from what I gather, he uses a Line 6 DL4 to overdub the vocals, which only has a 14 second overdub time, from what I gather. Later into the video he overdubs so much, and it begins to kinda break up.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by tubetime86
I've had a Boss RC-2 and an Akai Headrush and neither one was good enough for me to consider using live. The few times I tried to jam with a drummer with each were all unsuccessful. I hope Fly is right and I've just only tried the low end ones... But as of my current experience I agree with Becky that they are good tools for home use, but not exactly useful for the serious musician.

Again I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love a looper that is actually easy to use and works well.
You are going to have a hard time jamming with a drummer and a looper. If you use a looper, then the looper HAS to be the timing reference. Loopers are not useful in a band situation unless you understand this and have a solution.

No matter how good you are at timing the stop and start point of a loop there will be some insignificant difference between the length of the loop and an independant drum pattern. Each time around the loop that difference accumulates. Eventually if the loop is short enough and the song is long enough that accumulation will become significant and cause the loop to lose sync with the drum pattern.

That's why having both the drums and the looper work togeather in the G3 was such a significant feature to put in a multifx.
Last edited by fly135 at Aug 17, 2011,
Quote by fly135
You are going to have a hard time jamming with a drummer and a looper. If you use a looper, then the looper HAS to be the timing reference. Loopers are not useful in a band situation unless you understand this and have a solution.

No matter how good you are at timing the stop and start point of a loop there will be some insignificant difference between the length of the loop and an independant drum pattern. Each time around the loop that difference accumulates. Eventually if the loop is short enough and the song is long enough that accumulation will become significant and cause the loop to lose sync with the drum pattern.

+1, unless you're making a bunch of weird background noises, I don't see why you'd ever use a looper for playing live. It's a practice tool.

If you want to "loop" things live, record it on your computer and plug the computer into the PA.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by fly135

That's why having both the drums and the looper work togeather in the G3 was such a significant feature to put in a multifx.

This was my experience. We tried putting a click track kind of thing down on the looper first to set the timing, but even then it wasn't perfect. That's my frustration with loopers... You can only ever get 'close.' I want to try the G3, that sounds like a good solution.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Well if you have a looper that has storage you can create loops and switch them up on the fly hand free. Unless you have a midi floorboard plugged into the computer then hands free is a bit difficult. And it's questionable why you'd want to use a computer to do the job that a pedal is capable of. YMMV but for every argument that you shouldn't use a looper live there will be someone who proves it wrongs. Embrace the looper!
In my profile clips... Sneaky and Unsynced Jam were both done with an independant drum machine. Unsyned Jam was so named because it got so out of sync. But that was also largely due to my erratic playing of the background rhythm. Sneaky makes it through the whole song without becoming noticably (IMO) out of sync. Nevertheless, having the drums synced is fundamentally very important.
Quote by fly135
Well if you have a looper that has storage you can create loops and switch them up on the fly hand free. Unless you have a midi floorboard plugged into the computer then hands free is a bit difficult. And it's questionable why you'd want to use a computer to do the job that a pedal is capable of. YMMV but for every argument that you shouldn't use a looper live there will be someone who proves it wrongs. Embrace the looper!

I don't see why you'd even need to control the computer with a footswitch if you used it live. Just record the entire second guitar track from start to finish on the computer and it'll be perfectly in time. Everyone plays to that track and you switch to the new one when the song's over

I really like loopers, don't get me wrong, but unless you're a solo act, or are using a looper that has saved tracks that you know are in time, using one live incorporates too much of a risk of royally screwing up the song.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
lol'd at thread. That's a good deal right now, but im sure there will be better since its their anniversary month
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by MatrixClaw
Wait, this thing can allow you to plug into 3 different heads at once?

Who cares about the looper, three amps at once = epic

Make that 5 at once.

Its really neat. But i dont have 5 amps. You can ping pong the delay between all the amps, use the head gap knob to set a time delay between each head.

You can even turn the delay time to 0 and just play through a huge wall of death/amps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIe2I-ZwQDI

The RC2 doesnt do that shit bro.

Check out KT Tunstall if you want to see somebody who knows how to use the headrush live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5M05mdVW1Q&feature=relmfu

Using it in a proper band situation is gunna be damn hard. Even when samples/loops etc. are triggered live in electronic music, its usually quantized and matched to beat digitally. Something im not aware of any guitar looper being able to do.
Last edited by beckyjc at Aug 17, 2011,
Yeah, if you just want backing tracks for your band then a computer is fine. And a Jamman looper is perfectly capable of being a BT player as well. WRT live playing I think the looper used as a looper is part of the wow factor of someone's performance. But I agree it's not for everyone. I wouldn't try too hard to get a looper integrated with a whole band. That's like shoehorning a square peg into a round hole.
Quote by beckyjc
Make that 5 at once.

Its really neat. But i dont have 5 amps. You can ping pong the delay between all the amps, use the head gap knob to set a time delay between each head.

You can even turn the delay time to 0 and just play through a huge wall of death/amps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIe2I-ZwQDI

The RC2 doesnt do that shit bro.

Check out KT Tunstall if you want to see somebody who knows how to use the headrush live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5M05mdVW1Q&feature=relmfu

Oh damn, I fail at reading the labels on the pedal.

5 Amps at once, this is the coolest pedal ever created
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Page 1 of 2