Some guy is offering me 2150 for a PRS Modern Eagle. Slightly Used. Black Gold Color.

I am looking online and this guitar sales for around 4300 new on most websites.

Steal or not?

And does anyone know the difference between the modern eagles and regular custom 24 and 22 line?

I am thinking about grabbing it. it looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty

drooooooool
Current Gear

Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Dual Rectifier (Old Version)
Orange Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's
PRS Custom 24 Top 10 with 57/08 pickups
Schecter Hellraiser
Breedlove Atlas AD20
A bunch of pedals
please post pics.

edit: if legit, it is a good price.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 17, 2011,
Are we talking about a Modern Eagle Quattro? That is way below used market value for any version of the ME. I'd suggest seeing and playing it to make sure it's legit. If it's too good to be true........
Sounds to good to be true, could be a rip off, be careful. Pic´s ?
Just got 3 more Private Stocks in today, I´ll be posting them in the next couple of days.
Quote by sstony
Sounds to good to be true, could be a rip off, be careful. Pic´s ?

+1

For that price (if the guitar really exists at all) it is more likely to be a fake. They pop up on eBay on an almost daily basis.
Here is the link. its on craigslist. The price was raised to 2220? What an odd number.

I have a PRS custom 24 so I am sure I will checking it for authencity and can spot a fake.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/msg/2550681946.html
Current Gear

Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Dual Rectifier (Old Version)
Orange Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's
PRS Custom 24 Top 10 with 57/08 pickups
Schecter Hellraiser
Breedlove Atlas AD20
A bunch of pedals
From the tiny little pics, I'd say it's legit, but bigger pics with more details would be good.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
It's more than likely a scam. That is not a Modern Eagle III, it is a Modern Eagle LTD which sell new for $5700. I doubt that the "seller" even has that guitar in his possession. BEWARE!
Looks like the real deal, thats the case they come with, but for that price something aint right.
Modern Eagle has different pups, but pretty much everything else is just a PRS guitar, which is badass.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
i have seen ads like this before. it's a legit pic of the actual guitar. the ad looks good and everything.

then when they reply to your email, they say they are "out of the country with the item and can send it".

usually it's an away on business type of response.

but they have always called it the "item" as opposed to the guitar, prs, whatever.

just .02, could be legit, but i too am skeptical.
Quote by gregs1020
i have seen ads like this before. it's a legit pic of the actual guitar. the ad looks good and everything.

then when they reply to your email, they say they are "out of the country with the item and can send it".

usually it's an away on business type of response.

but they have always called it the "item" as opposed to the guitar, prs, whatever.

just .02, could be legit, but i too am skeptical.

+100

I see this every week on Birds and Moons.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
The inlays looks kinda.. weird? I would call fake...

The inlays are not your standard birds, it's a type of Celtic knot. The guitar in the photos is real, but it is highly unlikely the seller even owns the guitar. More likely the pics were lifted off one of the internets.

Here's the reply I got via email. What a surprise!!!

"I still have it available but unfortunately I am not home and I can't sell it myself because my sister had a baby and she had some complications so she is still under medical care. Her husband asked me if I can come and take care of things around the house until she gets better. This is no problem for me as far as the transaction is concerned because I was selling this through EZ anyway. I believe you know what EZ is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have."
u gun get ripped off
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Quote by thehikingdude
Here's the reply I got via email. What a surprise!!!

"I still have it available but unfortunately I am not home and I can't sell it myself because my sister had a baby and she had some complications so she is still under medical care. Her husband asked me if I can come and take care of things around the house until she gets better. This is no problem for me as far as the transaction is concerned because I was selling this through EZ anyway. I believe you know what EZ is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have."

i must be on a "don't even try" list with the scammers.

they didn't even reply to me.
Quote by gregs1020
i must be on a "don't even try" list with the scammers.

they didn't even reply to me.

My reply:

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for getting back to me. Congrats to you and your sister!!! It's so nice of you to take care of her husband. I'm sure his needs are substantial!!!

I am not familiar with EZ. Please tell me more as I have a gig this weekend and need to have the guitar by this Saturday if at all possible. I will be heading to Disneyland to help with the 45th Anniversary of "It's a Small World" and am hoping to lay down some tracks with your Modern Eagle. I don't play the 6th string, so I'm wondering if you could come down on the price at all if you were to keep the 6th string and only include the other 5. I can't wait to get it!

Thanks again!

Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by thehikingdude
My reply:

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for getting back to me. Congrats to you and your sister!!! It's so nice of you to take care of her husband. I'm sure his needs are substantial!!!

I am not familiar with EZ. Please tell me more as I have a gig this weekend and need to have the guitar by this Saturday if at all possible. I will be heading to Disneyland to help with the 45th Anniversary of "It's a Small World" and am hoping to lay down some tracks with your Modern Eagle. I don't play the 6th string, so I'm wondering if you could come down on the price at all if you were to keep the 6th string and only include the other 5. I can't wait to get it!

Thanks again!

Thats great

You are now not only the man for your wonderful guitars, but that wonderful e-mail
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
The Seller:

I apologize, I was under the impression that you heard of EZT before since they mostly sell on eBay and Craigslist.

Like I said before I will be happy to walk you through the process. EZT is short for E-Z Transactions and their website is www.e-ztransactions.com, maybe now this sounds familiar to you. As they describe themselves, "E-Z Transactions is a safe payment system for the Internet that protects both buyer and seller from various forms of online fraud".

I left the item in their possession last week and I just listed it recently on craigslist. The fact that I'm not home will not affect the selling procedure through this service. So the process goes like this: if you agree with the item description and price, you must register on their website and they will send you an invoice with the payment instructions and the transaction details. You send the payment to them and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will start the shipping process, which usually takes between 3 and 5 working days. As soon as you will receive the item, a 10 Day money Back Guarantee starts (which is a standard guarantee for all items listed on Craigslist) and you can inspect it and see if it's everything you expected. This guarantee allows you to return the item if by any chance something is wrong with it, my description was not accurate or I failed to specify something about it's condition. Basically you can return the item with no questions asked and if that's the case the returning process will be free of charge for you, I will be held responsible for all costs. If you accept the item, then you'll sign that you accept it and they will transfer the payment to me.

I forgot to mention that the complete process is free of charge for you, the listed price on craigslist already includes all the fees including the shipping and handling, so there is no reason to be scared for any extra fees, there are none. The process is very simple and secure, it may sound a little complicated because I had to explain the whole deal in details, it really isn't complicated at all. I hope you are still interested and if you would like to start the process you need to register at www.e-ztransactions.com. If that's the case please make sure you understand the process and read the terms and conditions listed on their website before you register. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks

My Reply:

Hey Vince,

May I call you Vince? How's your sister doing? I hope the baby is ok. I'd like to send her some flowers to let her know I'm thinking of her. What is her favorite color?

I contacted my old high school buddy Al Einstein to check on the value of your Modern Seagull with only 5 strings. He determined that each string is valued at $370 based on the initial sale price of $2220. Based on his calculations we place the value of your guitar at $1850. The final result is that E=MC Hammer Squared. Is there a way for me to make a cash payment since I don't have access to the internet to setup an account with EZ Transactions today? If not I should be able to get into the library tomorrow to get things rolling. I'm in between trailers right now so I don't have a permanent address. Will that make a difference? Anyway I'm really looking forward to holding your wood in my hands and moving my hand up and down the length of it. Please get back to me asap so I can slide you some funds.

TTYL
so much

it's odd how scammers want to "walk" you through the payment process, i had a guy interested in my V and told me all the wonderful things about paypal
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
There are some pretty convincing copies out there (at least if you can only go by pictures). I'm scared to buy any used guitars off of ebay, craigslist, etc because I don't want to get ripped off. I'm sure I could easily pick the fakes out with a little bit of effort... but still haha.