Hey,

So at the moment I'm pretty darn happy with my set up (Check sig).

I'm looking to get a good power supply and screw down my pedals, as velcro isn't that great, especially on a Whammy.

So, are there any pedals you guys think I need before committing to my layout? I can change it later, but don't want to do it and then a few weeks down the line have to change it again.

I know this is an open question, but I'm just looking for cool pedals I don't know of. I play blues, rock, hard rock, starting country a little, stuff like that.

Thanks guys.
Country eh? I thinks you is missing a compressor. Get a Keeley 4 knob comp.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Country eh? I thinks you is missing a compressor. Get a Keeley 4 knob comp.

I'm starting to, yeah. It's pretty difficult for me though!

The Keeley looks great, just a little expensive for me... A compressor has always been one of those things I never quite understood. It tightens the sound a bit and gives sustain if I'm right? I can't see myself needing one really.
A compressor basically squishes the dynamics in your playing - the soft playing volume is raised and the hard playing volume is reduced giving a less dynamic but more even performance, to more or less a degree. It can make your playing sound smoother, but if over done or done badly can remove a lot of the 'feeling' form your playing imo. Some compressors can also be used as a sustainer yes
Last edited by ragingben at Aug 17, 2011,
It Evens out your playing, extensive use kills your dynamics, but when used properly, it really makes country licks jump out.

You can also look at a an octave or harmoniser pedal.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Hm, still not quite there, I'll look into it though, thanks guys.

And my octave and harmonies come from my Whammy. I don't really use them enough to warrent two more pedals or anything.
Well a comp does help for country, especially when used well and tastefully. I feel this is a gear purchase for the sake of getting more gear.

In that case I'd recommend a nice low gain OD, like a Timmy. You can never have too many ODs.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Well a comp does help for country, especially when used well and tastefully. I feel this is a gear purchase for the sake of getting more gear.

In that case I'd recommend a nice low gain OD, like a Timmy. You can never have too many ODs.

It's the opposite really. I'm just checking that there aren't any pedals out there that I've missed. I'd rather not buy more, but if there's one that's really nice, I'd consider it.
Quote by WtrPlyr
If you're not missing anything in your sound I'd just upgrade the pedals you have now.

The only ones I'd consider upgrading are the CE5 and the DD6.

I don't use them that often, but I'd quite like a more subtle chorus. Like Hetfield's clean tone.

As for the delay, I'm pretty happy with it. It can do the small delays and long just as well. I hear analogue delays are good, I'd need to hear some demos to convince me.