Hello!

So I've got this American Special that i want to replace the neck on, since I want SS frets, an LSR nut, a raw finish, and a headstock that doesnt angle the strings so much(the headstock is really deep and big on it) i thought it would be cheaper to just buy a new neck than paying someone to modify the neck so much.

I've been looking at Warmoth necks, which should fit the stratocaster really good. Here's where i have a problem choosing which neck to go with. The pro neck is really stable, but doesn't have microtilt screws, which the vintage modern does. My Stratocaster doesn't use shims, which i hope i won't have to do with a new neck either.

So my question is, are these necks perfect fit for non vintage stratocasters? If so, then i would go with the vintage modern neck with the microtilt screws, if not, I might go with the pro neck.

Opinions anyone ?
headstock that doesnt angle the strings so much

All Fender headstocks are going to do this, you can get around the need for string trees by using staggered tuning machines like Sperzels.
but doesn't have microtilt screws

Utimately shimming helps keep the action low above the 12th fret without "fretting out" bends, which is common on necks with smaller radii (7.25" - 9.5"). The Warmoth Pro neck is pretty flat (16" radius) above the 12th fret. They don't have micro tilt/adjust because you don't need it.
are these necks perfect fit for non vintage stratocasters

Yes, the only adjustments you'll need to make are to the bridge (action and intonation) because of the change in neck radius and fret size.
Last edited by _LoveFuzz_ at Aug 17, 2011,
Ok thanks for the reply.

I've got another warmoth pro neck which is broken(don't ask me how, you don't want to know), and the distance from the nut to the headstock surface is about 5 mm shorter, which would explain why i had the following problem:

Since the American Special has the big headstock, I thought the distance between the nut and the surface on the headstock was a little bigger. I noticed this when i tried to use Sperzel staggered tuners on it, the angle on the low E string was really tight, it really stood out compared to the other strings.

So here I am. Anyone noticed this too or is it just me ?
I noticed this when i tried to use Sperzel staggered tuners on it, the angle on the low E string was really tight

This may sound dumb, but did you have them staggered backwards? The tallest post should be on the low E and shortest on the high E. The larger 'CBS style' headstock is just broader in one dimension - it has the same nut to surface distance as any strat headstock it shouldn't be a factor.
Hmm weird. Yes i did staggered them correctly, the tallest posts on the low E and A.