Hey guys, just want to wrap up my rig with some killer effects. Still debating whether I should go individual pedals or multi-effects. The TC G-System looks the best because I want to use my amps'(ENGL E670) own distortion, unless someone can show me an equally good/better multi-effects. Are there any negatives to this product? I have read/heard that it can suck the tone from the guitar and amp? What is the general consensus on the G-system? Thanks in advance!
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
No budget?

If none I'd recommend the 3 Eventide 'Factors and the Space, and you should have most effects you'll ever need (and then some) in the bag.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
No budget?

If none I'd recommend the 3 Eventide 'Factors and the Space, and you should have most effects you'll ever need (and then some) in the bag.

No real budget. Still very very open to individual pedals but want to knock out the multi-effects option first. Will need chorus, flanger, reverb, delay, etc.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Hey, aren't you that joker that keeps posting gear rec threads, but never gets around to buying anything?

The Eventide 'Factors and Space will handle all your effect needs.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
If your amo is MiDi, or is easily compatible, a much cheaper solution is a G Major 2 with a midi controller for the amp and effects
Quote by ragingkitty
Hey, aren't you that joker that keeps posting gear rec threads, but never gets around to buying anything?

The Eventide 'Factors and Space will handle all your effect needs.

Would hardly call myself a joker sir. I have made threads before on which guitars to get, which amps etc and have actually bought them(see my signiture). I can take photographic proof of all if you want. I just like being close to 100% on knowing what I buy will be great. Being in Australia makes it hard to test out good gear.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
If I was to set up a new rack a G-System would be at the top of my list. You can program some things for the loop and others for out front. That means that you can boost the front and attenuate the loop so you don't ever need to use the distortion from the G-System. You can just program different signal levels in each part of the amp and get your distortion from that. You then have the different gain structures accessible as patches. This is how I run my rig but I use two different rack devices in each position, all MIDI'ed together.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
If I was to set up a new rack a G-System would be at the top of my list. You can program some things for the loop and others for out front. That means that you can boost the front and attenuate the loop so you don't ever need to use the distortion from the G-System. You can just program different signal levels in each part of the amp and get your distortion from that. You then have the different gain structures accessible as patches. This is how I run my rig but I use two different rack devices in each position, all MIDI'ed together.

The ease of use and compact design make it appealing, but I'm worried it might take out the tone of my other gear, I have heard some people mention that. Not sure if it's true.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II