I bought an American deluxe strat; that I then returned but that's another story and don't worry another is on order! Basically you know the plastic they put on scratchplates? It's a nightmare to get off as it is however I was wondering can you simply pop off the volume control as on other guitars with an American deluxe because of the S1 switch??
Any help much appreciated
i have the same strat with the switch, yeah you can safely and easily pop it off, grab a thin flathead screwdriver and if you want cover it in a thin cloth or something, stick it under and pop off the knob, the s1 switch part of the knob will come off too but it's not actually connected to anything. you won't break anything and it's easy to put back together
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
make sure you max out the knobs first all the same way and line up the words so that when you pop them back on, they all face the right way.

and if you have a hard time getting them off, put a thin rag, or sock under the knob and
pull the knob off like a sling shot.

yes the S-1 is a little tricky, but you'll get it back on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 17, 2011,
I have the same exact guitar as you, and with some effort I was able to remove all the plastic including under the knobs. It look patience and a little scraping with a flat head screwdriver.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
ok well i wouldnt scrape plastic with a screwdriver.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If you have to scrape the plastic off, use a wooden toothpick.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Cheers guys just wasnt sure if I loped it off it would bring some wires with it or something x
Use a credit card or any plastic card to pop the knobs off; just slide it under the knob and bend the card.