Over the last week I've sold 2 of my guitars (LTD Flying V & Squier 51) on craigslist. I decided to use some of the money to pick up this used 2008 MIM Fender Jazz Bass that my local guitar shop had. It's in almost new condition. I'd played it alot in the shop and really liked it. I've always liked Jazz Basses. My Schecter Omen Extreme 4 has the slimmer neck that's really close to a Jazz bass neck and they have a similar feel, too. So there's not really any adjusting to a different size neck when I switch basses. The big difference is the pickups. These 2 basses sound completely different than each other. Which is a good thing. Gives me more versatility. The Schecter sounds more modern while the Fender sounds more vintage. Overall I'm very pleased with this bass. It's a great addition to the family.

I guess I'm turning into a real bassist since I'm selling my guitars to buy more basses.

Anyway here's some pics:

You bastard! You have a white jazz bass, I wanted a white jazz, got a purple one instead.

Mines a 2000 and I love it. That bass will serve you very well.

HNBD
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
I think the pearl pickguard would look really nice. Looks great already, but that would top it off! Kind of makes me want to get a new one..
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
No red tort.

I'd be be going with a flat black pickguard.

hnbd
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Sorry guys, no red tort pickguard is going on this one as long as I own it. Before when I said I wasn't a fan of red tort, I guess I should've said I hate it. I never have liked it on anything. If I do change the pickguard, it'll be for a white pearl one.
+1 for red tort on that, mine's white + reddy browny tort and i'm so happy with it.

EDIT: i used to not like red tort but seeing it on my bass changed my world
Yeah IMO the red tort pickguards don't look good at all. The white pearl will make that bass look really nice. HNBD!
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I like the red tort
I actually just bought the same bass, like 2 months ago :P mine was red though... the previous owner actually installed covers on it... I now recommend it to everyone, because it looks so effing good =)
(have a look at it https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453556 )
I like the simplicity of the white pickguard

The bass is really quite nice; HNBD!
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
My local guitar shop has a Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with a red tort pickguard (like in the pic below). That's what mine would look like. Even after seeing the real thing in person, I still don't like it.

I almost came...

Even though it's identical to my American standard Jazz...

Red tort + white <3
Quote by Spaz91
Thanks to this thread I want a CV Squier Jazz.

You want everything that gets posted.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I am jealous of the color. I got a similar Bass, but mine is a Candy Apple Red with a Black Tortoise Shell pickguard. Reminds me of a Hotrod, but it wouldn't be my first choice for Color.
Gear:
Ibanez SRX-365
MIM Fender Jazz Bass
Yamaha B50-115ii
Boss CS-3
Quote by Spaz91
Thanks to this thread I want a CV Squier Jazz.

Why not grab a used Fender and save some cash?
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Spaz91
and have a better bass too.

You just need to come across the right MIM somewhere in the never-ending conga line of basses that parades in and out of your door.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
CV Squier, £300, MIM Fender, £550. £250 of mods on a CV Squier then it'd at least rival a MIJ Fender. Seriously, these things are the shit. I just wish they did a maple neck jazz.