Page 1 of 8
I know I said I was done with this, but I just love the stuff people make for these waaaaay too much to quit.

It's time for the motherfucking FOURTH installment of the UG Community Video Game Cover Album series!
You know the drill: record a cover of a song from a video game, try to give it a new twist (like, dont do a straight cover of the song, but give it more of a unique style, maybe arrange it in a different genre etc.) and then post your submission in this thread to have people critique and comment on it.

Da Rules:

1. You can only submit things that you have personally recorded and arranged.

2. The submission should be over 1:30 minutes in length

3. The submission needs to be in a decent mp3 format

4. Please do not cover any songs that have already been done in the previous albums

5. Collaborations with other users are of course allowed, and are welcomed. Just make sure that both users' names appear on the submission

6. Deadline is the 1st of March

Here are links to the other albums, so those of you who haven't heard them can give them a listen and get an idea of what kind of quality is wanted from the submissions:

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ug-vg/
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ugvg2/
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ugcvgiii/

Download links for the previous albums:

UGCVG1
UGCVG2
UGCVG3

And lets give a hand to everyone who's contributed to these great cover albums for the past year, and let's try to out-do them this time!

List of submissions:

---

EDIT:

So you want to submit but have no equipment?

Okay, so I realise not everyone is a pro at recording (I certainly am not), and I know that there are a lot of people who would like to submit but lack the means.

Thankfully, there is a way you can!

For those of you with absolutely ZERO equipment, here's what you can do:

1. ask us UGers who have spent way too much money on recording crap and software to help you

There are tons of programs out there to write MIDI files. They may sound like crap, but the great thing about MIDI files is that you can export and import them into nearly any software. This means that you can compose something with a program that sounds like crap and send it to someone with better software, who just runs it through it and voila! instant awesomeness.

2. Cheap recording for beginners

To being recording, all you need is an audio interface. These range in price from 30$ to 1500$. To record for this simple project, you can get an interface like a UX1 from Line6, which comes with a great program called Podfarm. For further information, please refer to this thread from the recording forum , which will get help get you started with any questions you might have. Don't worry about sounding like the latest Bob Rock record, none of us know that much about recording, and we can still make stuff that other people enjoy.

3. Collaborate with another UGer

If you collaborate on a song with a UGer who has better equipment than you, you can also get good results without spending any money or having the equipment yourself. I recommend going with the other two options, though, as this is pretty much the option for lazy people.

EDIT: Extended deadline to 1st of March 2012!
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Dec 1, 2011,
If only I had decent recording equipment. I'm looking forward to hearing the stuff people come up with though!
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
I have a whole bunch of demos (in midi) that I've done over the years. I could take one of them and finish off the arrangement and contribute.
Linky
Quote by DeaThrash
I have a whole bunch of demos (in midi) that I've done over the years. I could take one of them and finish off the arrangement and contribute.
Linky

If you could use some better plugins for the sounds, that would definitely work well.
Quote by CoreysMonster
If you could use some better plugins for the sounds, that would definitely work well.

As I said, they are just demos. They are pretty old now (over a year) and now I have much better plug-ins so it'll sound pretty smooth. And thanks
I'll pick a song I feel comfortable with right now.
If I actually had recording equipment of some kind I would be all up in this.
Quote by FlashNinja
If I actually had recording equipment of some kind I would be all up in this.

step 1: buy Toneport UX1
step 2: Download Reaper
step 3: ???
step 4: no profit at all.

Quote by TheReverend724
I'm gonna do a Brinstar medley from Super Metroid

sorry bro, amaranth_todd already did Brinstar on the last album. linky
Quote by imdeth
Would you mind reuploading UGVG Album 2 Corey? Doesn't work for me.

Stickied.

You know, I think I'm gonna go ahead an re-upload all of the previous albums. Hang on a sec.
Quote by CoreysMonster
You know, I think I'm gonna go ahead an re-upload all of the previous albums. Hang on a sec.

Yay! Thanks!
I'm unsure what song I want to do. I'd like to redeem myself with something guitar-driven, as I ended up being disappointed by my last guitar-driven submission. I'm thinking something from the SNES era, but I want to branch out from Donkey Kong and Mega Man X covers. Any suggestions?
added a quick little section for the guys who want to submit but lack the equipment!

Quote by madbasslover
I'm unsure what song I want to do. I'd like to redeem myself with something guitar-driven, as I ended up being disappointed by my last guitar-driven submission. I'm thinking something from the SNES era, but I want to branch out from Donkey Kong and Mega Man X covers. Any suggestions?

Super Mario World?
Quote by CoreysMonster

sorry bro, amaranth_todd already did Brinstar on the last album. linky

We're doing the Brinstar theme from two different games

See

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-2sE0Napg0

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj5DWB5a2n8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbcZmaus6g0&feature=related
Righto!

Change!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAoSY5bhSw

You're Not Alone from FFIX. IT'S MINE
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Aug 17, 2011,
Quote by madbasslover

Something from F-Zero?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NWy7Tr48wI
Quote by CoreysMonster
Super Mario World?

I dunno, I feel like it's been done too many times. Also, I'm not the best at music theory, so I don't know how well I could take something like Super Mario World and turn it into something I'd envision without making it completely unrecognizable.

Quote by imdeth

There's potential in this idea. Also, where have you been?! I haven't seen you in so long I thought you'd been perma'd.
Awesome! I'm probably going to be doing either the Streets of Rage theme (I forget if it was done already or not) or one of my favorite Sonic themes. Depends on if I have a bass available, as I'm dorming atm and my brother and his bass are hours away
I did the Streets Of Rage 2 ending theme for the second album (on mah profile too, AD AD AD) but the theme I haven't done... if there is one.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by benonbass1
Actually, change of plan - I'll do one of the songs from Age of Empires 2.

Now I can't wait until December.
Quote by RPGoof
Awesome! I'm probably going to be doing either the Streets of Rage theme (I forget if it was done already or not) or one of my favorite Sonic themes. Depends on if I have a bass available, as I'm dorming atm and my brother and his bass are hours away

DemonWolf already did the Streets of Rage theme, I'm afraid, and there have already been quite a few Sonic covers, so I'd urge you to check through the older albums before starting anything.

Quote by benonbass1
Actually, change of plan - I'll do one of the songs from Age of Empires 2.

Stephen (entity0009) already did the Age of Empires 2 Theme I think
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 17, 2011,
Quote by Demon Wolf
I did the Streets Of Rage 2 ending theme for the second album (on mah profile too, AD AD AD) but the theme I haven't done... if there is one.

Ah, thats what it was. The beginning theme hasn't been done I don't think.
Yeah, go ahead, some great music in the Streets Of Rage games.

As usual I'll go with a full organic approach to counter all the new-fangled electronica schmalzy stuff many do.

Not saying it isn't good but variety is the spice of life.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
Yeah, go ahead, some great music in the Streets Of Rage games.

As usual I'll go with a full organic approach to counter all the new-fangled electronica schmalzy stuff many do.

Not saying it isn't good but variety is the spice of life.

I don't mean to suck your dick or anything but I've always thought your acoustic submission from the first album was one of the best ever made.

so yeah >_>

Thanks! I am pleased with it too, Terra's Theme. It's one of the best video game songs ever made, so I tried my best to not let it down.

I'll bring out the piano and acoustic for this one too, as well as some electric guitar stuff.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Arrrgghhhhh, I'm so lost on which song to pick. I love the music from Streets of Rage, the classic Genesis Sonic games, and I just remembered how much I love the music from the Final Fantasy series, as well as early Pokemon games... Though I did do Lavender Town last time, maybe I should switch it up.
Quote by RPGoof
Arrrgghhhhh, I'm so lost on which song to pick. I love the music from Streets of Rage, the classic Genesis Sonic games, and I just remembered how much I love the music from the Final Fantasy series, as well as early Pokemon games... Though I did do Lavender Town last time, maybe I should switch it up.

Just wanted to remind you to check through the old albums before picking a song.

Though your Lavender Town clip was FUCKING AWESOME.
Decided that I'm gonna do a cover of Simple and Clean from Kingdom Hearts. It'll probably be an instrumental, though, because I don't think my voice can match the girly beauty of Hikaru Utada's... >_>
Quote by Vendetta V
ive got a track that could be totally awesome in a halflife kind of game.. but it's all long like 8 mins. will it work?

just post it, and we'll give our opinions!