Hey Guys,
This is my first post on the Ultimate Guitar forum. I have a big problem.
My guitar came with a whammy bar so i figured its compatible with a whammy bar, i screwed in the whammy bar slack enough for it to be freely movable but I have no clue on how to use it. I was told that you press down on it but, i can't, its not pressable, someone told my that your bridge is suppose to be flat but i dont know anything about that so what tweaks do i really need to make to my guitar to get the whammy bar to work, do I have to slacken a screw on my bridge or something? The whammy bar is just there, it can only move from side to side but not downward. help!

Thanks in advance.
What kind of guitar/tremolo is it?

It may be you need to adjust your bridge a bit to make it moveable again.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Hai there.

Firstly, you're going to have to tell us your guitar before we go any further. Pictures are even better.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Your tremolo needs to be level with the body. If you don't know what this means, hold your guitar up and look at it from the side. Posting a picture would be helpful.
When you expound a little bit more I'm sure we all can help, but until then, I just had to say I busted out laughing when I saw the title of this topic!! XD
Originally Posted by Bovaiveu:

This is my guitar. There are not many like it, and this one is mine. My guitar is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. Me without my guitar, is useless. Need I say more?
you probably just have the springs in the back either way too loose or too tight, but that would mean that your bridge would be nowhere near level. if this is the case take it back to your dealer and get them to fix it for you.
If you tighten the arm and play a note, can you make the note "vibrate" by shaking the tremolo arm?
First, look under the tremolo plate on the back of the guitar and make sure there is nothing obstructing the tremolo, like a block of Styrofoam. If all is good back there, look at the row of screws on the front of the bridge. If they are screwed too far down, then the tremolo bridge will not move. Raise them a bit.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Damn... You picked a guitar pack thats explicitely made for dumiies? you really got to get a bit of self esteem.
@FatalGear41
Thank you, I am pretty sure thats my solution, I shall try it.

@n1ckn1ce
Lol, they make some damn good guides, makes it easy to learn, im catching on well but its only this whammy bar has got me like a dummie
Pictures will definitely help, but I'm pretty sure that FatalGear has covered it. Alternatively, if it's something extremely obscure, take it to a tech. I think it'll be fine though, with what's been posted.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie