Heya guys (and gals!), this has probably been answered already but I can't find any info about it.

I'm trying to decide whether to get a Shure sm57 or a Sennheiser e606/e609 to mic my amp. I've listened to some audio tracks and to me the Sennheiser sounds slightly better. However I've heard that the Shure is a lot more versatile, and I was thinking that I might need to use the mic for recording some vocals, and maybe even drums. Does anyone know if the Sennheiser will do any good for those or should I go for the Shure?

Thanks in advance for any help and I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to recording!
I have a 609 that I rarely ever use. It sounds thinner than a 57 to me, though it has a nice "airy" feel for vocals. I have no idea what kind of music and vocals you'll be recording, but I wouldn't use either mic for singing, either should do decently for screams, but they're not very ideal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Should I go for a sm58 then? Or would I be sacrificing a lot of quality on my amp sound? I only really have enough money to buy one mic for now...
I'll be doing some 60s/70s rock (Led Zeppelin, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, etc) and the vocals that go with them if that helps...
IMO, the e609 is a tad better for vocals, but the SM57 is better for basically everything else. The 609 I only use for very specific applications, the 57 I use for tons of stuff.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com