I just got my first proper job. It was my first interview. I was competing with over 20 other people for it, too. Feels good.

What was the Pit's first job and how was your experience?

EDIT: For those of you who are curious, the job is at a local business called "Jump -N- Jive". It's a massive building (40,000+ square feet) that is filled with various types of bounce houses. This includes giant slides, obstacle course, and the like.

DOUBLE EDIT: People come in for parties and just to have fun. I will be a party manager/basic floor.

An added plus is mostly college girls work there
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
Last edited by ned216 at Aug 17, 2011,
My first job was staining furniture, the harsh chemicals ****ed with my body and head. Overall a good experience.
My first (and current) job was at a truck stop/gas station. My cousin already worked there so he put in a good name for me. I walked in, handed the boss the resume, he asked me a few basic questions and then I was hired.
You didn't even tell us what job you got :/

I don't have a job yet. I'm hoping to get one soon, though. There's a Sams Club opening near me soon and applications are open, so I think I might apply to be a stocker or something.
Tim Hortons. Awesome place, mostly chicks working there (a big bonus at 16), but the owner was an ass, which really made it less than fun.

The pay was also poor, but hey, I was only 16 and it seemed like alot at the time. And it bought me my Strat, so it all worked out.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
First job was bagging groceries at a supermarket. Super easy job and got lots of tips.

People tip their bag boy?
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
I was a landscaper for my first job.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
1st job at golf course, sucked.

now on my 6th i believe, and been doing it every summer for hte last 4 years, building fences fuk ya
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by MasterExploder0

Some did. The most I got in one day from tips was $15. Not bad at all.
Soccer referee for like 3 years. $10 per game for an organization that was run by morons.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by MasterExploder0
In stores that hire baggers, it's expected that you tip them.

OT: I worked at Arby's (fast food place, sell a lot of roast beef sandwiches)...let's just say I wouldn't eat roast beef for about 3 years after that job. It was a good first job though.
First actual job was on a production line at a spring water bottling facility. Summer work was nasty because the warehouse was always really humid, outside wasn't much better, the summer festival season tripled the workload and I was on 10 hour shifts. On minimum wage for a 16 year old.
1st job was a summer job as a roofer. My dad got me in to learn the value of hard work. Tough job, but a good experience nonetheless. Now I'm an AVID tutor for a school district, going to different schools and helping kids
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
First job was in the kitchen at a German restaurant. The owner's a cheap bastard, so there was only one other person who worked the same position and he was under 18, so I couldn't take days off and had to work everyday besides Monday. Needless to say, that didn't last long.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I am currently working my first job. I'm a parcel clerk at Fred Meyers (NW grocery store chain). I bring in the shopping carts, clean the restrooms, re-stock, other stuff.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by ned216
I just got my first proper job. It was my first interview. I was competing with over 20 other people for it, too. Feels good.

What was the Pit's first job and how was your experience?

EDIT: For those of you who are curious, the job is at a local business called "Jump -N- Jive". It's a massive building (40,000+ square feet) that is filled with various types of bounce houses. This includes giant slides, obstacle course, and the like.

DOUBLE EDIT: People come in for parties and just to have fun. I will be a party manager/basic floor.

An added plus is mostly college girls work there

Aw shit. I wish my job was as awesome as yours
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by hawk5211
Tim Hortons. Awesome place, mostly chicks working there (a big bonus at 16), but the owner was an ass, which really made it less than fun.

Lucky you. Its impossible to get a job at Tim Horton's in Toronto unless you're brown or have some dark skinned asian heritage. I applied there several times and never got an offer (I'm half chinese with a white name). My friend is white with the name alaa. He got the job after submitting one resume.

My first and current job is an English tutor at the Kumon math and reading centre. I was a student there and was eventually offered a job after 9 years. I managed to get up to supervisor of the whole English department after 3 years. Good part of it was getting paid $15/hour and working university girls. Downside is that the girls are gone and replaced with girls still in high school (not so bad actually), my supervisor constantly hangs over my shoulder, and the centre is closing down at the end of September.
I recently applied to Starbucks. It would be nice to have experience in the retail industry.
Dish pig in an Italian restaurant. Work was fun enough and I had some cool co-workers (including hot waitresses ) but the boss was a tightarse and a prick. (And he was English).

He fired me cause I started going out with his favourite girl who worked there. Since I had no rights whatsoever I couldn't complain but I threw a frying pan at his head on the way out.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I sold pancakes in an Applebees.

Also, TS has the best job ever.
you're a stone fox
Quote by institutions
Your job sounds awesome, TS.
Do you get to play on the bounce houses after closing time?

The manager who hired me actually said "You're encouraged to play and interact with the kids on the bounce houses while working."

I dunno about after closing though.
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
Quote by ned216
The manager who hired me actually said "You're encouraged to play and interact with the kids on the bounce houses while working."

I dunno about after closing though.

Don't forget the candy.
you're a stone fox
Quote by hawk5211
Really? Thats what I do now, so much fun. What's easier then being outside cutting grass all day?

Well my first job was in the backshop cleaning clubs and doing the driving range, i hated it, so i quit, which sends me to job #2 which was greens, it was okay, but i disliked having to be there at 430am every day and working 12 days straight
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
First proper, paid job was a holiday temp at next (its a clothes and furniture shop, for those that don't know), i didn't do too well, the first day left me fatigued and then they called me to come in the day after that, but the first day just ruined me so i said no, then they would call me on random occasions for the next two weeks, and every time i had to say no because i was busy with other things (which was true, it was Christmas time so i was seeing family and such), but then i decided to work new years day, which wasn't so bad, but after that they didn't call again.

Looking back, i wish i just planned things around it and went in to work when they called me, as i would have earned a lot more money, and they might have employed me permanently although at the time i probably felt differently and had my own justifications for not picking up the hours they would call me up for, mostly because they would call me the evening before they wanted me to come in again, but on quite a few occasions they called me about an hour before my shift started.

I kind of wish that i tried to stay with it, as i went to uni after that and figured that a job would clash with uni, so that was the only job i have ever had, and now that i am looking for one, it is making it damn hard.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
First job was school organized work experence at a workers union in my town. Was actuall quite fun.

My second job, which I have been doing for two summer holidays now. is cutting grass on the roads for my commune.

Quite well paid, easy to get used, and no shifts so not bad.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
First time was as a student assistant at an elementary summer school.

Chill principal, funny teachers, good pay for the amount of work, and met a coworker that I dated for a bit.

Not too shabby.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Well my first job was in the backshop cleaning clubs and doing the driving range, i hated it, so i quit, which sends me to job #2 which was greens, it was okay, but i disliked having to be there at 430am every day and working 12 days straight

I know all about that. The 12 days in a row is a killer. We start at 530 though since its way to dark earlier than that, and we hate cutting fairways with the lights lol.