What is that one, cheap ass, piece of gear that you have on your kit that you love even though you shouldn't because you know it's crap? I've got a cymbal from an old wall mart kit that I found on the freeway and it had been run over many times. Best sounding Chinese I've ever heard even if it was supposed to be a ride.

We all have something that sounds horrible but we love it anyway. What do you got?
Not taking any online orders.
well my drummer broke his old really thin crash on his starter kit, so we bent it inside out, and it ended up sounding like them horrible cymbals that are like a china and splash combined. it was really painful when he hit it, but it was amazing for breakdowns and shit like that =']
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
An old beat up tape-residue covered Sabian Solar brass splash. Sounds horrible in person, but somehow awesome on recordings.
my zildjian pitch black china haha!
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
My Paiste 101 Ride. I've tried replacing it dozens of times but I just can't find anything that beats it.

There's also my 14" ZHT fast crash which is just terrible on its own but combined with the equally terrible bottom Pearl hat I got with my forum, I think I've made my ideal "trashy" hi hat setup.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Last edited by utmbarto at Aug 26, 2011,
My friend had a Stagg china he brought for like £30 that sounded really sweet. I seem to hear a lot of good things about Stagg cymbals, but I expect they are a bit hit and miss.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by Skinny91
My friend had a Stagg china he brought for like £30 that sounded really sweet. I seem to hear a lot of good things about Stagg cymbals, but I expect they are a bit hit and miss.

I think they're manufactured by Wuhan, or atleast the Chinas and Splashes are to my knowledge
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
I've got two. One is an old crash from the 60's I got from my 80 year old former drummer neighbor that's got a nasty crack in it, just sounds delightfully dirty, like you're hitting a chunk of trash can, so I use it in place of a china from time to time. The other is a cheapo Tama hat bottom that I use as a crash. It doesn't have a lot of ring to it but it's a nice high pitch and pairs nice with my zxt 18" rock crash and old B8 16 medium.. a good trifecta for my taste