Thank for you advise on my last post. Now after talking to my parents I have budget up $1000 USA, I look at the Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb , and want to know what you think about it.
Does it have Clean at loud volumes? I know some overdrive will occur , but will it be loud enough to play with small band?
What are it problem or irks?
Is it worth the cost?
Also this would be my first tube amp. So if you think there is a better amp for price what is it?
Thanks
If it's a stack, more than likely it will be loud enough to play with a band. If it still isn't, you can always get a clean boost fairly cheap. An MXR 10 band EQ would also work. When I run one of those in the effects loop of my amp the volume easily triples and makes the room shake, even at low volumes.

In any case, the '65 Deluxe reverb is a very nice amp for clean tones, in my opinion. Unless you're playing in a death metal band it will be fine in the mix volume wise. As far as I know it has no major issues, and as for cost that's up to you. Everything is worth what the buyer will pay. If you want to do stuff with any sort of higher gain I recommend you also take a look at the Blackstar amps in the same price range, as they have very nice cleans and can get pretty heavy if you want them to, and I believe they have reverb built in(don't quote me on that though).

In any case, yes the Reverb is a good amp. I hope this helps some.
Yes that helps. I don't play death metal or metal. I'm more into classic rock, rock, folk, Grateful Dead, and Phish.Did you mean add a cab to make it a stack?
Last edited by deadhead4ever at Aug 17, 2011,
Quote by deadhead4ever
Yes that helps. I don't play death metal or metal. I'm more into classic rock, rock, folk, Grateful Dead, and Phish.Did you mean add a cab to make it a stack?

I wasn't sure if you were getting the head or a combo(if such a thing exists), so I just threw that "if it's a half stack" for good measure. Sorry for the confusion.

But yeah for classic rock and folk type stuff it should do really well. I really like how they sound clean-wise. If I wasn't a death metal guitarist, it's definitely one of the ones I might've looked into when I went amp shopping.