i got a seagul acoutic guitar from my uncle who passed away, and got me into gutiar the first place, but thats not the point, the point is that my acoustic and classical have better sound and flow then my eletric. try makin a song on it is horrible, nothing sounds good lol. but when i do the same thing to the classical or even acoustic it sounds better and actually sounds like good material.

could it be quailty of the guitar? my eletric is a les paul special 2. my clasical i a takamine (dont know the model, but is price was 415$) and my acoustic is a segual which i have no idea on how good the guitar actually is lol.

i dont like to believe it just my taste, since my favourite gener of music is hardrock and metal so i dont get why i think it sounds horrible or anything.

the amp im using is a 15wat amp roland cube.

i just want some suggestions cause id love to make music out of it, but everything sounds dead with it lol.
The amp is the reason why, though it could also be the guitar. I personally don't like Les Paul type guitars that much(they're okay, I have one but it's far from my favorite).

If you wanna play metal I recommend upgrading your amp. If you're on a budget, a Peavey Vypyr would be good. It's good for metal, low cost, versatile, and gets pretty loud. I gigged with it with my band(melodic death metal) a few times.

If you can go a bit further cost wise, a 6505+ 1X12 would suit your needs. It's about 600$ new, gets pretty damn loud, sounds great, and is pretty much made for heavy music. I have a 6505+ half stack. It's beastly.

As for the guitar... I don't know your tastes guitar wise so I can't really recommend anything specifically, but try out some Jackson, ESP/LTD, Ibanez, or Schecter(I hate them but that's my taste) guitars, as they tend to be geared towards metal/hard rock.

Hope that helps.
welllllllllll your elec setup is a bit cheap no offense i mean theres only soooo much u can do until the quality of the instrument hits ya in the grill, but as for the coustics well thats all taste really, or u could jus be stoned :p hahahahahaha, but! u could get a new elec or drop some pups in it and either way a different amp that you picked out personally that u wanted (the tones ya want ya kno) might actually appeal to your ears a bit better, but like i said, its all preference really
ill think about upgrading my guitar, when i post the song ive been working on for my classical guitar and see if i did a good job with it. that way i know i deserve better equipment.

EDIT: yah i know the setup is abit cheap but my mom payed for it so i cant complain, it was a good guitar in the begining tho,i dont wanna sell it, it was the first eletric ive had and i learned alot, kinda have a spirtual connecton with it x)
Last edited by harvestkingx at Aug 17, 2011,
Quote by harvestkingx
ill think about upgrading my guitar, when i post the song ive been working on for my classical guitar and see if i did a good job with it. that way i know i deserve better equipment.

EDIT: yah i know the setup is abit cheap but my mom payed for it so i cant complain, it was a good guitar in the begining tho,i dont wanna sell it, it was the first eletric ive had and i learned alot, kinda have a spirtual connecton with it x)

To be honest the amp matters more in tone-shaping than the guitar. You're just not going to be playing metal through a Roland Jazz Chorus amp without a distortion pedal of some sort, no matter how hot your guitar's pickups are.

Look into the Vypyrs since you appear to be on a budget. The 15 watt ones are $100USD new, but I'd get the 30 watt($200) because it has more effects. I had a 75 watt personally and loved it.
Quote by ciadude2
To be honest the amp matters more in tone-shaping than the guitar. You're just not going to be playing metal through a Roland Jazz Chorus amp without a distortion pedal of some sort, no matter how hot your guitar's pickups are.

Look into the Vypyrs since you appear to be on a budget. The 15 watt ones are $100USD new, but I'd get the 30 watt($200) because it has more effects. I had a 75 watt personally and loved it.

legit roland are made for jazz guitar?...thats why when i try to make a solo it sounds blusey.....rrggh, lol ty guys , ty so much i was starting to get frustratedwith my eletric cause i couldnt get the tone i wanted lol.
Quote by harvestkingx
legit roland are made for jazz guitar?...thats why when i try to make a solo it sounds blusey.....rrggh, lol ty guys , ty so much i was starting to get frustratedwith my eletric cause i couldnt get the tone i wanted lol.

Well the Cube is more balanced than most Roland amps but generally they do lean towards clean stuff. Like I said, look into a Vypyr. You'll love it.
yah ill look into that, it looks and sounds awesome (youtube) ad ill probalby get it. ty guys for answering this, cause actually made a topic somewhere, asking why my guitar sounds bluseyy, and you guys answered it, ty