So, I've pretty much restricted myself to playing (trying to) Clapton, Gary Moore, Knopfler, Jeff Beck and Page. So I just needed help with what amplifier would help me get their tone. Obviously, it would be a Marshall......played through an LP.....but any specific model????
told you the genres i suppose........

gigging.....
budget: upto 600 pounds
new or used, dont care
london
current gear: doesnt get me what i want, so it doesnt matter
Thanks Osman

Personally, I don't think you will find a Marshall new that will fit the bill for you.

However-

New?

The Marshall DSL401 combo is the only Marshall I see worth buying and it is a bit over budget. I'd be hesitant on that amp. There is a H&K Statesman Quad with EL84s that might work. The Peavey Classic 30 might work. Maybe look into that Blackstar HT40 with EL34s. Laney VC30.

I have zero experience with the H&K or the Laney.

The Engl Thunder 50 is a cool amp but not really voiced right.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat_PG_5.html?gf=tube_guitar_combos&oa=prd

Also, I heard that Thomann was selling the Traynor YCV50B at a good price - that would almost perfect for you.

Used?

Open up all kinds of options. A JTM45 might be perfect. Unfortunately the only RI I've played (1987x) just left me scratching my head.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 17, 2011,
You're going to play a Marshall guitar through a Les Paul amp?
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
Quote by Stringz of Fury
You're going to play a Marshall guitar through a Les Paul amp?

Some people feel that the amp is where the tone is and is the most important part of your signal chain. The guitar is just there to take the musicians emotions and get them to the amp to be amplified.

Quote by OsmanAli
played through an LP.....but any specific model????

Quote by OsmanAli
jeff beck

Quote by OsmanAli
clapton

wut
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Some people feel that the amp is where the tone is and is the most important part of your signal chain. The guitar is just there to take the musicians emotions and get them to the amp to be amplified.

No, reread his post
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Dmaj7
wut

so you havent heard any of clapton's early work i suppose???