I have a question about strumming. I think it goes in this forum. I looked for a lesson, but search didn't turn up anything and I've yet to find what I'm looking for on youtube.

I really want to figure out how to strum like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83aEtvOGn1I

The specific part that I'm talking about it first starts at 2:11 in the video and then continues to pop up throughout the song. It's the really fast double strum part that I'm talking about. I can't seem to figure out how to do it properly for some reason, but I love the emotion that the strum adds to the song and I would really like to get it down. Does anyone know the pattern, or what I can do to learn this technique?

Thanks!
He's doing a gallop, it's a pretty simple thing actually once you break it down. You play it by strumming down/up/down very quickly, where the initial down/up is what makes that sound you want, and the last down is the strum of the actual chord you're playing. It might be easier if you just focus on strumming the bottom 2 or 3 strings (the low E, A, & D) when doing the gallop part (the down/up) instead of all the strings in the chord. As you get better at the technique it will be easier to get all of the strings in the chord involved. Let me know how it goes bud
That's helpful, but for some reason I just can't seem to get the timing or something down. Could you possible tell me the whole strumming pattern for a couple measures or something, while highlighting the gallop?