Oi mate, I'm looking for a brand spankin' new 7 string that's around $500, I mostly play all types of metal (of course I do, I want a 7 string), that's about it, a wide variety would be nice. Thanks
Quote by ac/dcfan5000
Schecter makes some pretty good 7 strings in your price range AND they have EMG's

Sweet! I've always had an interest in buying one of Schecter's products, but I ended buying a Jackson Kelly because they don't sell 'em locally here in Vancouver (I think)
Awesome I didn't even know Jackson made 7 strings. Then again I'm not really much of a 7-stringer myself. Have fun with your new axe!
Quote by ac/dcfan5000
Awesome I didn't even know Jackson made 7 strings. Then again I'm not really much of a 7-stringer myself. Have fun with your new axe!

Woops, what I meant to say is that when I was going to buy a 6 string (6 months ago I think) I was gonna buy a Schecter, but I bought a Jackson Kelly instead.
Quote by sashki
Schecter, Ibanez, B.C. Rich and ESP are the only brands I can think of that make affordable 7 strings.

At that, you want to stay away from B.C. Rich for low-end stuff.

Schecter will be okay.. If you're cool with the oh-so-typical EMGs and overbearing abalone shit. Plus they have larger necks.. I suggest trying some out, get a feel for em.

If you're shooting for passives, Ibanez will be your best bet. I think they're great guitars for their price. They have thinner necks with a flatter fretboard, rather than curved. You may or may not like it. LTD will be a thin-U contour as well. But I believe LTD also has a thing for EMGs..
Quote by TheAbsentOne
At that, you want to stay away from B.C. Rich for low-end stuff.

Schecter will be okay.. If you're cool with the oh-so-typical EMGs and overbearing abalone shit. Plus they have larger necks.. I suggest trying some out, get a feel for em.

If you're shooting for passives, Ibanez will be your best bet. I think they're great guitars for their price. They have thinner necks with a flatter fretboard, rather than curved. You may or may not like it. LTD will be a thin-U contour as well. But I believe LTD also has a thing for EMGs..

ahh I see, I think you have me sold at Ibanez! I will check out LTD as well.
If you don't want EMG's, get a Schecter Omen 7. I love that company and if you are against EMG's that guitar is very well built and very affordable. I like my passive EMG's that came loaded with my Damien, but the sound you want is all up to you.

http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/Omen-7-7-string-Electric-Guitar-Walnut-Satin.site7skuH70206000001000.sku

Schecter Guitars website prices it at $500, Music123.com is selling it for $350. Can't go wrong for that and they make wonderful gear. Now I'm tempted to buy one, you bastard. lol

*EDIT*

Now listening to a bunch of Drop A tuned songs due to 7 string talk.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Aug 18, 2011,
Hey man, I'm in Vancouver too! I hate the EMG's in my loomis, so that's why its on CL atm lol
Quote by HardAttack
If you don't want EMG's, get a Schecter Omen 7. I love that company and if you are against EMG's that guitar is very well built and very affordable. I like my passive EMG's that came loaded with my Damien, but the sound you want is all up to you.

http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/Omen-7-7-string-Electric-Guitar-Walnut-Satin.site7skuH70206000001000.sku

Schecter Guitars website prices it at $500, Music123.com is selling it for $350. Can't go wrong for that and they make wonderful gear. Now I'm tempted to buy one, you bastard. lol

*EDIT*

Now listening to a bunch of Drop A tuned songs due to 7 string talk.

Lately I've seen a ton of praise for the Omen series.. But is that NOT their incredible cheap low-quality line? I swear that was their lowest grade level guitar series
Omen's have been generally stable from what I've seen over the last few years, but I can't say I've played one since last year. I played a 6 string from a local Best Buy Music Gear store where I got my 6-string Damien from. Every companies quality can change year to year, so I suppose it's possible. I recommend them based up my past experiences, I'll leave it at that.

You can always try Ibanez, they're good but have been too pricey for me, the last time I looked. Then again, that was a couple of years ago. Not too into ESP's designs, and I'd recommend Washburn but they did away with their really affordable 7-string. They only have a custom built one now.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack
Omen's have been generally stable from what I've seen over the last few years, but I can't say I've played one since last year. I played a 6 string from a local Best Buy Music Gear store where I got my 6-string Damien from. Every companies quality can change year to year, so I suppose it's possible. I recommend them based up my past experiences, I'll leave it at that.

You can always try Ibanez, they're good but have been too pricey for me, the last time I looked. Then again, that was a couple of years ago. Not too into ESP's designs, and I'd recommend Washburn but they did away with their really affordable 7-string. They only have a custom built one now.

I think the Damiens and Damien Elites are fun, but any lower than that I'd honestly probably pass on. It's just like Ibanez's GIO line.. Total shit

I dunno, maybe I have to try one of these omens, preferably a 7 or even an 8 if i can find one in a store (highly doubt that)

But man did I like the Damien Elite 8 i tried. Except the EMGs.. So sick of 'em

Honestly, I'd never buy an Ibanez new again. I bought 2 years ago. a 350DX and a semihollow. The semi was sweet, but it was a gift and not my style. the 350 was just not worth the price you pay. Used, however.. Different story. Used Ibanez prices beat everything to me.
If you weren't in Canada, I would have suggested Agile, but I know shipping from them would be closer to $150 bucks or something ridiculous like that.

If you can budge your budget up about $100, http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-C-7-Standard-Electric-Guitar/dp/B0033AHV2Y will be your best bet.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by shaggydogJV
If you weren't in Canada, I would have suggested Agile, but I know shipping from them would be closer to $150 bucks or something ridiculous like that.

If you can budge your budget up about $100, http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-C-7-Standard-Electric-Guitar/dp/B0033AHV2Y will be your best bet.

Damn that finish looks gorgeous! I might consider getting this...
You can sometimes find used RG7421/0's and RG7621/0's on eBay for around that. I have, anyway.

EDIT: Like this: Boom.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Last edited by Nico the Great at Aug 18, 2011,