So my guitar is set up all nice with new stretched strings and all that. I just got it recently actually. One problem, as soon as I go up to any fret past 10 on the high e and b strings, I get zero sound. I noticed that the string is a tad close to the fretboard's edge- but I figured that maybe it's my left hand an not the guitar.

If you need an example, listen to the solo for warrants cherry pie. The fast run after the whammy dive would hVe no sound

Halpppp
Guitars:
FENDER Sugar Rush, Scala-Caster Strat
KRAMER Striker600ST (from 86)

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Rocktron Banshee 2 Talkbox
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
Check the height of your neck pickup, it could be that it is too high.
I play on the bridge pickup a-la hair metal. And the pickup is outta the way

EDIT: it's hammer ins and pulloffs giving zero sound. Notes need to be aggressively picked
Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
Last edited by supersize at Aug 18, 2011,
neck pickups dont disappear when you dont use them. The strings might make a contact with the pole pieces of it.
Quote by durhamdynamo
I like my coffee like I like my women.

Covered in bees!
Last edited by diamanth at Aug 20, 2011,
I meant to say they don't touch the strings
Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
Your trussrod is too tight I think. Push down at the first fret and the last fret on the high e string, if there's no gap between the 12 fret and the string, you need to adjust your trussrod.
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
Quote by MaVN
Your trussrod is too tight I think. Push down at the first fret and the last fret on the high e string, if there's no gap between the 12 fret and the string, you need to adjust your trussrod.

there is truth to this but I would not adjust your truss rod unless you know what you're doing.
Good neck relief and action should allow you to play high frets loud and clear.
if neck relief is off, or action too low... you'll notice it most at those high frets especially bends.
if you think this is the problem try raising the action a bit (that is easy to do yourself) - if a neck adjustment is needed... either know what you're doing or take it to a shop.