Here's the story:
Our keyboardist bought this pedal because he wanted to experiment with it for his keyboard and also play with the settings so our band could do some Radiohead covers. Well, I've been borrowing it every now and then because I'm a big fan of the kind of tone this pedal delivers, and I've come up with some cool things to use with it when we play. However, he's realized that there's not much he can use it for and he knows how much I love it. So, he decided to give me this pedal.

for free.

I present to you:

A Boss RE-20 Space Echo!

Review: What a pedal. First off, the build quality is (as per expected with Boss) very solid. This thing could probably take quite a beating. The reverb has bass, treble, and level controls, and with it it's really possible to go from subtle to spaced-out. The delay function is where this beast starts to really shine. It's got three analog tape heads running in different times, and you can set the pedal to use any combination of the three. It's hard to explain, but basically the three heads enable you to have repeats at the same rate but at different times. Very big deal, and this feature makes the pedal incredibly versatile. The built in tap tempo is a very nice addition. Overall, I'm very excited for this pedal. And it sure as hell was worth more than what I paid for it
Quote by TheAbsentOne
You stole it, didn't you?

Better yet - it was at our bassist's house while he and I were recording, and then I borrowed it. I told him I borrowed it, he told me to keep it.

It's not AS in-depth as my DD-7/Verbzilla combo I had planned on buying myself, but for the price I paid it's certainly a better value
Quote by Helicopters!
Better yet - it was at our bassist's house while he and I were recording, and then I borrowed it. I told him I borrowed it, he told me to keep it.

It's not AS in-depth as my DD-7/Verbzilla combo I had planned on buying myself, but for the price I paid it's certainly a better value

I'd take any piece of gear for free!
They aint no space echo unless you can hear tape hiss.

Nice score.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I could never get past how the front of it looked like a smiley face. And if you set the tap tempo, it starts winking at you.

(ADD thought)

Anyways, HNFPD!
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd take any piece of gear for free!

Trust me, I'm perfectly happy with this bad boy. Especially since I don't have to drop $200+ on more pedlz (although I wouldn't have a problem with that...)
Clips maybe?

HNFPD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
If I had a way to record clips (and a better grasp of the pedal) I'd do it. Give me a little while to really learn how to use the pedal and we'll talk
Last edited by Helicopters! at Aug 18, 2011,