So, I'm looking for a decent priced, good sounding 7 string guitar. Any recommendations? Go!
Haha I play just about everything. I really want to get into doing some more progressive metal. I apologize for the vagueness of my post! D: I never post on forums. This is really a first for me. I'd consider decent priced around $300-500. I'm hoping to spend closer to $300, but if there's a huge difference between the kind of guitar I could get, I might be willing to go for a $500 guitar. I was actually on that site looking at Agiles, but I don't know how they sound, and I'm afraid to pay $500 for a guitar that I don't know much about.
Check ebay frequently and watch for a Washburn WG series to pop up. Those things work wonders after a new set of pickups (have had one for 4 years w/DiMarzio X2N and D-sonic loaded in) The guitars show up on there for ~$200-300
Quote by jenx
Haha I play just about everything. I really want to get into doing some more progressive metal. I apologize for the vagueness of my post! D: I never post on forums. This is really a first for me. I'd consider decent priced around $300-500. I'm hoping to spend closer to $300, but if there's a huge difference between the kind of guitar I could get, I might be willing to go for a $500 guitar. I was actually on that site looking at Agiles, but I don't know how they sound, and I'm afraid to pay $500 for a guitar that I don't know much about.

Agiles are pretty amazing for what you'd pay, even new.

I got my Interceptor Pro 727 for $300 used. Honestly the trem isn't the best (Mine's worn pretty badly, but new it must be amazing), and it'd be SO much better if every 7 didn't have damn actives. **** actives.

Anyway, if you'd wanna just pay $300.. Check used stuff on Craigslist or Ebay. You could also swing for a brand new Ibanez 7321 (Very common beginner 7) I think they're 400 new?
Quote by Roybordom
Check ebay frequently and watch for a Washburn WG series to pop up. Those things work wonders after a new set of pickups (have had one for 4 years w/DiMarzio X2N and D-sonic loaded in) The guitars show up on there for ~$200-300

This. My friend has one, it works well.
Oh man. I know nothing about guitars, really. I just play for fun. This is all pretty new to me. What's an OFR?
Quote by jenx
Oh man. I know nothing about guitars, really. I just play for fun. This is all pretty new to me. What's an OFR?

Alright. OFR stands for Original Floyd Rose (Very high quality trem). Tremolos on lower-end guitars are 99% of the time LFRs (Licensed Floyd Rose), cheaper quality tremolos made of softer metal that wear down easily over shorter time.

I hear those Washburns are good guitars for their price, I'm just saying be weary of tremolos like that.
I also found a Jack and Danny Brothers 7 string guitar for $150, but I could probably talk them down more. Anyone ever heard of the manufacturer?
Also, how do you guys feel about Ibanez 7-string guitars? I found an RG7321 for about $250.
And I'll definitely look into getting an OFR if I get a cheap enough guitar, as well as some new pickups.
Did a quick Google search.. I dunno, they look rather cheap and I've never heard of the company. But hell, for all I know, it could be another Agile-type company.

Can you supply a link to the exact listing and whatnot? We could look at it.

EDIT: Ibanez 7's are sex to me. Love the necks. But that'll be personal preference. With a pickup change the 7321's are great, so I've heard.

Also, just saying, there's an edit button at the bottom right corner of your posts, use that when you want to add stuff (As I'm doing now) multi-posting like that can get you a warning
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by Roybordom

i had a washburn WG587 for six years. i bought it, played it for a few minutes, placed it back in gig bag, placed gig bag back in closet, pulled out of closet two months ago, and traded along with a MIM strat for a Tama Straclassic Maple Hyperdrive drumset.

it wasn't that it was a bad guitar, its that it just felt awkward. the neck profile wasn't that great, i played it for a few minutes before she was gone though. don't miss it at all.

dont pay more than $150 for one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That's kick ass, but it also could be bad.

Locking tuners = Great, looks to be if fair shape.

The bad though, he says he had actives in it.. Those use different value pots and a different jack. Make sure he has the original pots as well as the jack in there. Because passives can't run off the 25k pots EMGs use (I'm pretty sure)
Ah, okay. Any idea what I'd be looking at to replace all that if need be?

EDIT: Well, what I really want to do is actually put new pickups in it. So, what would you recommend for progressive metal? If it's already set up for active, and some sort of active pickups are the way to go, then I'm all set!
Last edited by jenx at Aug 18, 2011,