So my current 80Gb Ps3 (Non-slim) has been maxed out. I have quite a few games and there's nothing on it but DLC and game saves. I used to have movies and music on there but over the years I lost the majority of my space. So what I was wondering if I bought a new hardrive for it from Futureshop or something, would they take everything off my old one and transfer it for me? Or would I lose all that? Would it be cheaper to buy a new 320Gb Slim? Or to just buy a bigger hardrive? I also heard of a 500Gb Supercharged Ps3. I just miss having my movies, pictures, demos, and music on mine and I'd like to buy more games but I don't have the memory.

Also no 360>Ps3, Ps3<360. I'm an overall gamer and I like both systems and all the old school platforms. I can't really make to Futureshop or buy anything right now due to home issues, but I'd like to know what I can do about it. Especially if anyone has upgraded or been in the same situation.

I also realise this may be qualified for the "Gamer Thread" so if you think I should post it there, I'll delete this and do that instead.
Because, Boobs
Yeah, most of your movies and saved game content can be loaded onto an external harddrive and then transferred back to the new harddrive after its installed.

Any of your DLC that you have downloaded, or anything that you've gotten from the Playstaion Store you can download agian free of charge, just log into your account and review your download history. Everything will be available for re-download.

You may want to save up for a 320 Slim, I have a 60gb backwards compatible orginal but I need to get it repaired. Its been ridden hard. From my experience, all the fat ones BLue-Ray player will eventually stop working.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I wouldn't bother getting a new one, you can get a 500gb for like 60 bucks, transfer the files to an external hard drive and set the shit up yourself.
Quote by Vypor
Yeah, most of your movies and saved game content can be loaded onto an external harddrive and then transferred back to the new harddrive after its installed.

Any of your DLC that you have downloaded, or anything that you've gotten from the Playstaion Store you can download agian free of charge, just log into your account and review your download history. Everything will be available for re-download.

You may want to save up for a 320 Slim, I have a 60gb backwards compatible orginal but I need to get it repaired. Its been ridden hard. From my experience, all the fat ones BLue-Ray player will eventually stop working.

Quote by MakinLattes
I wouldn't bother getting a new one, you can get a 500gb for like 60 bucks, transfer the files to an external hard drive and set the shit up yourself.

I have nothing but game saves on it now Good to know they can be transfered though. I know I can re-download all my DLC again too, so I'm not too worried about that. Thanks though. I've had my "fat" Ps3 for years and it's never given me any problems. I guess I got a lucky one. I've actually been reading up on the "Supercharged Ps3" too. I'm still on the fence really about what to do, just looking for a push in the right direction.
Because, Boobs
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I retrofitted a 500Gb hard drive in my 80Gb PS3. Only issue is that all of my EA Games saves wouldn't transfer, which sucked.

That's not good, alot of my games are EA
Because, Boobs
Quote by CynX
but over the years I lost the majority of my space.

omg! Tom?!!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Well when things start to look up for myself, I'll see what I can afford, as well as the problems with transferring my games saves. Also, no, I'm not Tom.

Oh, and thanks for all the info/help guys.
Because, Boobs
Last edited by CynX at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by MakinLattes

Pretty much exactly what he said.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"