Hi,
My band requires harmonies from all three members, and we're all from bad to alright, so I was wondering if full band band lessons is something worth doing ? On one hand, it'd be easier to have us all done in one go, it'd be some good band bonding, and we'd all be a little more comfortable going together. But would this be stupid, or would it make things needlessly difficult as far as actually learning goes ? Or would it be doable...thanks.
i think its best to start together and then have seperate lessons

otherwise

try to hit the middle C on the piano
all three of you
Quote by Frankeer
i think its best to start together and then have seperate lessons

otherwise

try to hit the middle C on the piano
all three of you

Work out the harmonies with a guitar or keyboard, then teach everyone their own melody line and try sing them together. To sing in harmony off the bat is very hard, and takes practice, I've been practising for a year by harmonising with songs on the radio and I'm only starting to get good at it.

I think the lessons are unnecessary. The teacher will just tell you each what to sing.
Quote by Icarus Lives
Work out the harmonies with a guitar or keyboard, then teach everyone their own melody line and try sing them together. To sing in harmony off the bat is very hard, and takes practice, I've been practising for a year by harmonising with songs on the radio and I'm only starting to get good at it.

I think the lessons are unnecessary. The teacher will just tell you each what to sing.

None of us are very good singers, we could really use some training [vocal practice is described as "gruesome" on occasion ]
Quote by Icarus Lives

If the teacher is even half-assed, he/she won't just tell you each *what* to sing, but will teach you HOW to sing.

Bands used to do this in the '80's (group vocal lessons) for precisely the purposes of what you're asking about.

It really takes a commitment from everyone in the band, though, for it to be time and money well-spent.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.