(I just invented the second term)

Well, any ways, I got to the point in my life where I've been unsatisfied with my progress on my musicality. Turns out I really need more time to work and study, but waking up really late just alters my whole schedule. I am always late for everything and I barely finish anything I started

So I decided that from now on, I'll be making my steady and slow progress toward my goal of waking up at 6am in the morning everyday. If that's not possible, 8 am every day would still be a success. It'll start on Monday when I wake up at 10am. I'll gradually make my way to waking up 5 minutes before the previous day.

Wish me luck, and any help or tip is well appreciated.

Any of you tried something similar or have any comments to share? Or do you prefer just being a late sleeper, and why? I can't seem to find any benefit to waking up later than 11am.

Edit: To those who wake up really early: Does this pattern break if you go out on a Friday night and are forced to sleep late? How do you manage to keep this habit afterwards?
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Last edited by XxLloydxX at Aug 18, 2011,
night time all the way. I live pretty far north, so I literally didn't see daylight for a week last winter.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I'm a night owl with a morning ****.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I can't seem to find any benefit to waking up earlier than 1 pm. There's nothing I could do earlier in the day that wouldn't be possible later in the afternoon or at night with the notable exception of making it to a bank before it closes.
morning cocks

*stifled laughing*

Many musicians are night owls. I am significantly more creative post 10pm, so I usually write in the evenings, and practice/laze about during the day.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Ill chime in... from age 19 to 24(ish) I worked in resturants. Lots of late nights, and sleep pattern was like 2am to 11am give or take. I found I would need to sleep pretty late and anything less than 8 hours of sleep left me flaky and lazy (more so than normal).

Now at age 38 I'm part of the corporate borg and my pattern is exact opposite. Im in the office at 7am and up at 530 (1 hour commute to NYC). I hate those hours, but on weekends and vacation (I get alot) my now 'normal' sleep pattern is more like midnight to 7 or 8am (and thats with heavy drinking and pot use). I will say keeping these hours I have more energy and focus with all things.. I didnt play guitar back then, but my workouts are better, I read faster, better all around mentally and physically. It takes time... you gotta train yourself to do it.
he of tranquil mind
Not all of us are so lucky to set schedules for when to wake up. It's 6:15 AM most of the time for me atm.
I don't work or do anything really, and I still try and wake up around 6:45 - 7 am.

Idk why. I like to eat breakfast at a normal breakfast time. It's also generally pretty outside before it gets too hot and sunny, when there's dew on the grass and birds chirping.

I go to bed at 10pm most nights.
I love nights and miss them if I ever need to get up early frequently.

EDIT: As for your plan to get up earlier, if you can I suggest doing the opposite and getting up an hour later every day until you come full circle. Your brain doesn't die as long as you make sure you still get enough sleep all the way through. Not only is it easier, but it means you get to spend a few days completely nocturnal.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 18, 2011,
I love to wake up early, like 6am early cos it means I can get so much done before I feel lazy. But recently I just can't get up before 9am for anything.

When I get a job I should get back into swing.
I just wrote a tasty jam and it's 2am.

Unfortunately I have to rise for a French exam in 4 hours.

I see the appeal of rising so early, but in my situation I literally would be a zombie with so few hours sleep. My current situations will not let me go to bed before 11pm regardless, so sleep is a huge factor for me.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Just go to bed early.
Teenagers naturally need more sleep. So if you find yourself tired go to bed a little early.

Also don't nap. A nap could be a saviour but more often that not it keeps you awake during the night.

I used to get up at 4:30 for a 6am-2pm shift and rotated weekly to 2-10pm shift.
Still managed to get my 8 hours.

With all that said. I find my great musical breakthroughs and "genius" are made during the early hours.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Cock jokes

I'm a night owl, I complete more tasks between 9:00pm and 1am, than any other time of the day.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I force myself awake at 11:58pm every day. Or force myself asleep until 11:58pm. I don't wanna spend my entire summer sleeping when daylight is always more fun to chill in.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I wake up at 8 or 9 am by myself on holidays no matter if I went to bed 11 pm or 2 am. Something is indeed wrong with me.

Isn't the term "early bird" good enough TS?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I've always been a night owl but unfortunately I have to get up at 6.30am for work these days. I remember when I was in school and college during the holidays it would get pretty ridiculous, like I'd end up going to bed at 7-8am and getting up at 3-4pm. That did make me feel bad as it felt like I was wasting the day but for some reason I couldn't stop it. Even if I skipped going to bed and pulled an all-"nighter" I would still stay up until the early hours and wake up ridiculously late.
*parp*