I was just wondering about the differences between the amps. Is it really worth the $150 for a depth knob and half power switch? I realize that it also comes with the metal baffle and LED, but that's just extra shit i don't care about.

Also, I was wondering what the difference in sound is between all of the Jet City heads. I've tried the Picovalve, but that's all I've come into contact with.
look up fastredponycar on youtube. He's demoed both of them and all of the other jet city amps too.
The depth knob makes a big difference if you want to play metal.

JCA50, JCA100 and JCA100HDM are based on the SLO.

The JCA20 is based on the Soldano Atomic 16.

The Picovalve is based on the THD Univalve.

The 50 watt combo is based on the Lucky 13, if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Blktiger0
I was just wondering about the differences between the amps. Is it really worth the $150 for a depth knob and half power switch? I realize that it also comes with the metal baffle and LED, but that's just extra shit i don't care about.

Also, I was wondering what the difference in sound is between all of the Jet City heads. I've tried the Picovalve, but that's all I've come into contact with.

Is the HDM worth it? To me, not really. I mean, those things are nice, but I've seen regular JCA100's for $500 used, one of the best bargains ever.

And Raijouta already covered the difference between the different JC models.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I'd just get the regular JCA and have it modded for $50 (or do it yourself) with the Depth knob on it. I haven't personally played any JCA except for the 20, which I owned and loved, but if it's anything like the SLO, it needs that depth control for anything but leads.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'd just get the regular JCA and have it modded for $50 (or do it yourself) with the Depth knob on it. I haven't personally played any JCA except for the 20, which I owned and loved, but if it's anything like the SLO, it needs that depth control for anything but leads.

Why, if you don't mind me asking. I don't really know what the Depth knob does.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
The depth knob basically adds low end without making it too flubby. This is incredibly useful as Soldano amps tend to be on the brighter side of the spectrum. It is extremely useful for rhythm tones. I wouldn't say it's mandatory, but not having one is a handicap for tonal shaping.

The price difference isn't worth it if you can mod in the Depth Mod on your own--it's not a very complex mod. The half power switch is useful if you want earlier breakup, up to you if you think that's worth the money.
So I would be better off buying the HDM version? I play both rhythm and lead in my band, which is a metal band. I don't know any tech in my area that I trust enough to put a Depth knob on a brand new amp, plus I like the idea of a half power switch and it comes standard with the metal baffle, which I prefer to the standard blue one.