Hi thinking about getting a new horizon fr model, but the one i want only comes with the EMG 81/85 set (through american stores), not the Seymour Duncan passives (Seymour Duncan JB / 59 Humbuckers.)

I know with the EMG system you can basically rip everything out and install it without soldering. So is it possible to do the reverse but just solder? Also im not doing this, im getting someone else to do it, i just need to know so i dont have to buy the horizon FR seymour model from some shop in Europe. Also i heard authorized dealers cant cross trade with ESPs through Country's. Thanks.

tldr: can you go from active to passive
yes you can, but you will have to solder the passives, as SD's liberator pot is their version of solderless connection, so unless you buy that your friend will be soldering
I don't fully understand what you mean. You will have to replace everything (pickups, wiring, pots, and jack) to go with passive's. But that will all fit in the guitar with no modifications.
Quote by Chad11491
I don't fully understand what you mean. You will have to replace everything (pickups, wiring, pots, and jack) to go with passive's. But that will all fit in the guitar with no modifications.

You can use the same jack actually - just leave the battery ground lug unconnected
Gutiar companies solder the EMG's into the guitars. I bought a schecter and everything is soldered
Alright so it IS, possible. Thats about all i needed to know thanks alot!
Soldering all the stuff is better than solderless. Like the time I bought EMG x "Solderless" pickups... I had to solder my own custom shielded wires because they weren't long enough.