I have an epiphone vintage sg and the sound has not been completely satisfying lately.
A friend of mine mentioned GFS pickups and i am wondering if they would be any better than stock.

Thanks
go with a set of lace sensors... they have awesome cleans but can go dirty if you want them to. They are kind of pricey but I think they are worth it. They will give you the sound you are searching for and will reduce the hum that your guitar produces.

The other pick ups in question kind of have a squeal about them.
Last edited by Briyan_15 at Aug 18, 2011,
yes but lace sensors are single coils, completely useless for his sg, have a look at seymour duncan and dimarzio pickups, they have so many different types theres bound to be one that will suit you, also find out what pickups the artists you want to sound like use, they may even have signature pickups
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
yes but lace sensors are single coils, completely useless for his sg, have a look at seymour duncan and dimarzio pickups, they have so many different types theres bound to be one that will suit you, also find out what pickups the artists you want to sound like use, they may even have signature pickups

Bro not to be rude but when was the last time you looked into lace sensor? They have a bunch of humbuckers... All of which can be coil tapped if thats what you mean.
it completely depends on how much u want to spend. Me and my bandmate have both gotten GFS pickups both humbuckers and single coils. GFS pickups r the best u can get for the price. they however are not as good as pricier pickups. I put GFS pickups in a Epi G-400 n they r way better than the stock pickups.
he has a point I don't know how much you want to put into your sg but they do sound better then the stock and for the money pursonally i wouldn't do it. To me its like upgrading your 15 watt amp for a 25 watt amp. But every one is different.
thanks for the answers. I would be willing to spend up to 70 american dollars on each pickup.
In that case I'd suggest a JB or Custom in the bridge. Not sure about the neck though. Are you playing live? What is your guitar?

If you're playing live, the JB cuts like a knife through better, whereas the custom, not so much...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
You need to answer the important questions before you'll get any worthwhile advice.

What amp do you have?
What, specifically, is wrong with your tone?
How do you want your tone to change?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com