"The mayor of a Belgian town says two people have died and around 40 have been injured when a storm hit an open air music festival nearby during a Smith Westerns show, according to the Associated Press."

I don't get it.

Why the mayor?
Quote by WaterGod
So? 4 died in Indiana and only 2 died in Belgium so we win.

USA! USA! We have the worst stage accidents!
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kinda makes me not want to win the contest in my sig :S
Check out my band Disturbed
I dunno, seems awful staged....ho ho ho.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Big deal though over here...
2 (even talks of 3) dead, 11 severely wounded, dozens of people have minor wounds.
A tree also fell on a food stand, and a sound tower fell (backwards though, so away from the crowd). All concerts cancelled for the rest of the day.

Also, in the rest of Belgium (besides where I live then...) has been hit pretty good with storm/rain/thunder. A lot of cities under water, even half a meter (which is a lot more than we're used to). But that's less to the point.

If I hear more, I'll update you guys (or someone else might just do that before me)

EDIT: for all you guys about the mayor. He said this in an official press conference. There was a lot of chaos about the situation, so he and the main man of the festival and probably some others made an official statement about what happened.
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Last edited by poipoi at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by Nollemaster
That´s how we roll in Europe

I kind of live in Europe in case you didn't read my location.

And we don't have mayors working half-time as a reporters here.
Quote by Zeletros
I kind of live in Europe in case you didn't read my location.

And we don't have mayors working half-time as a reporters here.

Oh excuse me then.

From what I´ve seen, most mayors do the reporting in Holland, Belgium and Germany. They are somehow always blamed for these accidents.
Quote by zgr0826
USA! USA! We have the worst stage accidents!

Like what happened to Dimebag I kid, I kid!
Because, Boobs
meh. the whole thing was staged.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

It was just announced that 4 deaths happened in belgium now. US? fail.

A stage collapsed a year ago at our countrys, Finlands, sonisphere. It was so friggin rainy and shit. 1 guy died. Sucks.. After that bands kept on playing, I think slayer played afterwoods with Alice Coopers rig or something
Quote by fearofthemark
meh. the whole thing was staged.

**** you, I said it first
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
5 deaths now, 10 severely wounded (several still fighting for their lives I heard). The whole festival is also cancelled...

Apparently it rained about 40 litres per square meter in 15-20 minutes. Usually it rains that much in the entire month of August. Every single thing that broke/fell/collapsed also happened in those 15-20 minutes.
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...