Page 1 of 2
like the title says, i went for a visit and listened to lots of metal and got my grandma, who previously only listened to old country, hooked. my grandpa just called complaining that she was listening to cannibal corpse. so have you guys had any similar experiences?
Just because you listen to metal doesn't make you a metal head.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I find your story ludicrous and implausible.

Quote by rockingamer2
Just because you listen to metal doesn't make you a metal head.

Yeah, you have to earn that shit. It's a badge of honor for only the most elite acne-ravaged virgins.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan
I doubt that very much.

What do you doubt? the preist thing or the grandma thing? Maybe shes deaf and maybe he doesn't know what he is standing up for?
Grandma's newest hobby: corpsepaint.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Cannibal Corpse (as much as I like them one song), really is just a wall of sound. When an elderly person listens to them, she probably just hears an old 1940s Ford Anglia revving up
saw this, got excited.
opened the thread.
i am disappoint, TS!
Attachments:
disappointment.jpeg
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
My mom listens to a lot of stuff that catches people by surprise, such as Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold. Not just the mellow shit either, she really cranks the back half of Buried Alive. She hates the really hard stuff though. I listen to a lot of In Flames, Asking Alexandria, Protest The Hero, Across The Sun; she can't stand it but sometimes she surprises me.
Quote by theogonia777
saw this, got excited.
opened the thread.
i am disappoint, TS!

Saw this.

Realized Theogonia uses Black.

Son I am disappoint.
Quote by Castiel_91
She hates the really hard stuff though. I listen to a lot of In Flames, Asking Alexandria, Protest The Hero, Across The Sun; she can't stand it but sometimes she surprises me.

Quote by blake1221
Saw this.

Realized Theogonia uses Black.

Son I am disappoint.

visual media arts stuff is my major.

if i used classic, i'd be a disgrace to my field.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by frankv
Why does everybody care whether it's fake or not? It's not going to make him a hero if it's real, he won't win a Nobel prize, we won't respect him more for it or anything like that. Just a fun little anecdote.

This.

If it's true, it's funny.
If it's not true, it's funny to pretend it is.
And that's all there is to it.
Quote by theogonia777

Well, she thinks that's really hard and it's as hard as I get outside of Slayer and Pantera.
Quote by Castiel_91
\ She hates the really hard stuff though. ... Asking Alexandria, Across The Sun; she can't stand it but sometimes she surprises me.

Oh dear lawdy.
Quote by blake1221

Oh dear lawdy.

Compared to A7X and Metallica, it's really hard to mother.
Quote by blake1221

Oh dear lawdy.

What is this i see in every thread about metal where someone posts something about the 'hard stuff' and everyone else complains that it's not really as br00tal as the super br00talz stuff? Who decides these things anyway?

It's childish as hell anyway. It always seems to happen with metal too, people getting a kick out of the fact that they think some band is 'heavier' than another. -_-'
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
What is this i see in every thread about metal where someone posts something about the 'hard stuff' and everyone else complains that it's not really as br00tal as the super br00talz stuff? Who decides these things anyway?

This guy.
I thought this was a confessional thread about how you bashed your Grandma and she needed a metal plate in her head.

I am disappoint.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
This thread should be called "Because of me, my grandma listens to shitty music."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Castiel_91
My mom listens to a lot of stuff that catches people by surprise, such as Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold. Not just the mellow shit either, she really cranks the back half of Buried Alive. She hates the really hard stuff though. I listen to a lot of In Flames, Asking Alexandria, Protest The Hero, Across The Sun; she can't stand it but sometimes she surprises me.

Is Protest the Hero really any "harder"

Quote by theogonia777

I hope your not laughing at Protest the Hero.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures

It's childish as hell anyway. It always seems to happen with metal too, people getting a kick out of the fact that they think some band is 'heavier' than another. -_-'
His grandma needs to listen to some stuff with the E chord instead of this shit
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
My Grans partner has an entire back spread of this guy:

And they are going to see Ramstien in February

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by WCPhils
I hope your not laughing at Protest the Hero.

might want to read the bolded parts again together.
Quote by JAHellraiser
His grandma needs to listen to some stuff with the E chord instead of this shit

Correct. Or potentially some Leonard Cohen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-oLmOm9vk0 To be honest, if you're going to call anything 'heavy' sounding, a song like that is pretty much doing a good job of it.
Quote by theogonia777
might want to read the bolded parts again together.

oops, my bad
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Zoot Allures
Correct. Or potentially some Leonard Cohen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-oLmOm9vk0 To be honest, if you're going to call anything 'heavy' sounding, a song like that is pretty much doing a good job of it.

I feel bad for your grandma. Metal is one of the worst music communities ever.

Quote by blake1221

Yeah, you have to earn that shit. It's a badge of honor for only the most elite acne-ravaged virgins.

Pretty much this.

Quote by Zoot Allures

And this.
Page 1 of 2