I'm a beginning bassist and i'm looking for a 30-60w amp for practice and small gigs. I play almost every genre. Any suggestions?
I cant tell you what to get. But i can tell you to AVOID getting a fender rumble. If your looking for something that can play small gigs i can guarantee it will overheat. I have the fender rumble 75 watt and i can turn it up to half volume before it fills the room with the smell of burning rubber. :L
30 to 60 watts is small without PA support.
The guitars and drums will drown you out.
Not all Fender Rumble amps burn up. They
are nice, but most of them don't have much
volume.

There are 30 watt amps that may be just
what you are looking for.

An Ampeg Heritage 30 watt Tube Bass Combo
with a 1x15 cab. They are very expensive.

There are some less expensive tube amps. They
vary a lot in sound and performance.

Do you have money to burn?

Tabdog
Hm, i was hoping to find something about 160 € or lower.. guess i ain't gonna find something good for that price :/
You might wanna go used. You'll get a better bang for your buck, Just make sure you thoroughly check out any amps if you do go used.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
300 watts minimum for gigging.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
you probably wont get a gigging setup but check guitarcenter.com used bass amps and the brand Acoustic is pretty good for the money. had the B200h and B115 cab and it sounded good but i havent played an ampeg svt either so what do i know.

and i have an old cheap 30w solid state and it is enough for practice by myself or with an acoustic guitar but with drums and full band it will def not work. most people will say 300w to gig but it depends on the type of music and venue
think i'm gonna try some acoustics and some ampegs BA-108/BA-110 at the music store. Anyone familiar with them?
Quote by 'Laurens'
think i'm gonna try some acoustics and some ampegs BA-108/BA-110 at the music store. Anyone familiar with them?

What are those amps?
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by 'Laurens'
A 25w/35w bass combo

Actually i'm only looking for a good practice amp now, cause i know a guy who can lend me his gig-gear. (srry for my bad english)
Last edited by 'Laurens' at Aug 19, 2011,
I picked up a used Peavey TNT 160 for $150. It's a great practice amp and built like a tank.
-Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing."