Page 1 of 2
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/interiorsandshopping/8681914/10-tips-for-your-room-at-university.html

A few big jazzy dishes and serving spoons for the communal spaghetti bolognese are essential.

Pinch the family Scrabble or Monopoly, and also take some packs of playing cards.

Freshers should take a tip from boarding school veterans, and pack a large trunk with all the nick-nacks and antiques that make their rooms feel special.

Thank me later.
A deck of cards is a must in any communal living area.
Quote by thePTOD
I love you.
Stupid bitch. I'll pack her in MY trunk.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
She directly suggests to bring a hammer. Good advice. I wouldn't use it how she intended but God damn it I'll use it.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by The Chimney Man
Haha, number 2 was so true to be fair

That bitch can't tell me what to do, if I ever go to uni I'm going to have this massive poster on my wall:

I brought a trunk full of nicknacks my mom used to decorate the house.

Everybody beat me with tube socks filled with quarters.

Thanks Rosie Millard
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If I ever went into anyones room with a mexican throwover, I would leave in the same moment.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by element4433
I brought a trunk full of nicknacks my mom used to decorate the house.

Everybody beat me with tube socks filled with quarters.

Thanks Rosie Millard

Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
I didn't feel like reading the 10 'tips' but I am sure they are just some filler for the site/news paper and not actual good tips.

My advice based on experience;

-Keep your room manageable and easy to keep clean.

-Bring/buy enough socks and underwear, if you skip a wash or twice, you won't be walking in old underwear.

-Decide what kind of closet/wardrobe you need. do you really need a tall closet/wardrobe you can hang your clothes in, or is a closet with big trays enough?

-Buy a nice box for your dirty clothes.

-Think of a place to put your clothes to dry

-Use mugs that you can clean easily, or else you won't!

etc etc
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by unnamedplayer
I didn't feel like reading the 10 'tips' but I am sure they are just some filler for the site/news paper and not actual good tips.

My advice based on experience;

-Keep your room manageable and easy to keep clean.

-Bring/buy enough socks and underwear, if you skip a wash or twice, you won't be walking in old underwear.

-Decide what kind of closet/wardrobe you need. do you really need a tall closet/wardrobe you can hang your clothes in, or is a closet with big trays enough?

-Buy a nice box for your dirty clothes.

-Think of a place to put your clothes to dry

-Use mugs that you can clean easily, or else you won't!

etc etc

I think you've missed the point of this thread.
the thread title promised lulz. i found no lulz in the article.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by descara
I think you've missed the point of this thread.

Thank you good sir, I think you are right.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by theogonia777
the thread title promised lulz. i found no lulz in the article.

Sorry I should have put 'only people with a sense of humour come in' in the title.
Leave the Fender Electric at Home??

That's ok, it's not a Fender
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Pack that lovely Mexican throw, the baseball glove from your summer in America and the cushions from Bulgaria. They will make your room look different, and encourage conversation on something you know about.

I hope she's ****ing joking.

NOBODY cares about your gap year. Just shut the **** up about it if you want to make any friends.

If there exists a student who lives in a place like that it doesn't matter what he has in there, he's going to be the most hated person on campus.
I would not be friends with anyone who has that ****ing 'Keep Calm and Carry On' thing on their walls

OT: this is a daft, insensitive article at a time when British people have to sell both their kidneys to go to uni.
a selection of seductive Paul Simon numbers up your sleeve. But leave the Fender electric guitar, just for the moment, until you get a better handle on the character and tastes of your neighbours.

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Aug 18, 2011,
Paul Simon songs GET YOU ALL THE PUSSY.

ALL OF IT.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
when I walked into my college dorm the first thing I said was: "Well, add a large, chrome bar don the center of the room and we'll be set!"

That sounds like a "try and appear normal" list, **** that...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Aug 18, 2011,
2. Avoid obvious clichés

Leave behind anything to do with Che Guevara, or those French Art Nouveau Absinthe/Black Cat posters. Everyone has them. Ditto Abercrombie and Fitch ads or the Keep Calm and Carry On poster which your mum has in the kitchen back home.

This I can get behind.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Paul Simon songs GET YOU ALL THE PUSSY.

ALL OF IT.

So does Cannibal Corpse.

the only difference is the temperature.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
ಠ_ಠ

That's exactly what I thought when I read that.

But I commute so this is useless to me.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Bring the trunk.
But fill it with bottles of jagermeister instead.

Instant popularity.

For the record though, I grew up 2 miles from my uni.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by blue_strat
This I can get behind.

Yeah I think this one's pretty sensible.

At my uni there is a general trend of Peep Show poster = cool, let's be friends!
It's a rule that's never led me astray.
When I finally get off my bum and move out instead of commuting all day err'day I'm going to paint the letters "DON'T PANIC" in a large font on the outside of my door.

So they'll remain calm upon finding the pile of dead, rotting baby seals next to my bloody baseball bat. What do you mean no one cares about my gap year?
She is so right. I brought my antiques and a ukelele, and one day whilst playing the ukelele someone heard and came up to my room. It was the most beautiful woman in the world. She took one look at my antiques, trunk and John Lewis curtains that we immediately made love. She was so impressed with the quality of my sheets she returned again and again. She occasionally brought other friends along too.

RM is one daft bitch
Quote by Bonorly
She is so right. I brought my antiques and a ukelele, and one day whilst playing the ukelele someone heard and came up to my room. It was the most beautiful woman in the world. She took one look at my antiques, trunk and John Lewis curtains that we immediately made love. She was so impressed with the quality of my sheets she returned again and again. She occasionally brought other friends along too.

RM is one daft bitch

Seriously, this reads like its aimed at posh idiots who are "living away from Mother and PaPa for the first time." My room in first year looked like a prison cell, and the only things I did to try and make it look any different was to put up a Guinness poster and an Iron Maiden poster. That's it. Meant moving out was piss easy
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Only ever store 2 women in your flat at any one time. Anymore and they may work out how to escape
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Quote by Bonorly
She is so right. I brought my antiques and a ukelele, and one day whilst playing the ukelele someone heard and came up to my room. It was the most beautiful woman in the world.

Were you playing a seductive Paul Simon number?
TS location: Northern Ireland.

Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by AgainstYou
Were you playing a seductive Paul Simon number?

Of course, what else would have got the attention of a beautiful female passer-by?
Last edited by Bonorly at Aug 19, 2011,
Page 1 of 2