So I've been out of the loop for awhile and just curious to what the consensus is on the best entry-level 8-strings are.

Last time I was here it was basically Agile Interceptors (or intrepids, can't recall), the Schecter 8's and at the time the non-prestige RG8 had just come out (but had bridge problems! Screws on the low B stripping or something).

Anyways I'm keen on finding one for a good price, but there's really only one shop in my city (L&M) and they have the new RG8 on their site but I doubt they're in stock... I'm off on a tangent though so just tell me all the cool new stuff.

Thanks.
Agile http://www.rondomusic.com/8StringGuitars.html

* edit: sorry, I did not read your post at all.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
I know Schecter has the Omen 8 and Damien Elite 8 that are very low priced for 8's. but their quality is very good for the price.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
New LTD SC208, thats about it

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
New LTD SC208, thats about it

I've always liked the SC series but I CAN NOT BELIEVE they would build an 8-string with a 25.5" scale!

The Omen-8 on the other hand looks like a pretty good deal. I can live without particularly great pickups and personally prefer that dark "vampire cherry" stain colour to the Damiens QM or gloss black top.

Thanks bros.