Hello good people,

I am a little confused of this matter, because I have no experience with amps and effect and how to get the tone,

I'm using multieffect plugged to my amp on CLEAN CHANNEL, am I correct of that? or i may use another channel

to understand the matter, I see guitarist use pedal boards to get the tone, so do they set their amps on clean channel and get the distorted tone from the pedals only or they use the amp distorted channel too?

and is the delay/reverb taken from the pedal or the amps?

I set my amp to clean channel with clean settings. no delay, no reverb from amp. and i get all the sound from the multieffect.

I play rock

Thank you
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Fender Startocaster American Standard
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
you can combine in any way you want to. If you have pedal board you generally have guitar->effects->amp->effect loop->cab. Most effects go to the 'effects' part, 'effect loop' is generally used for delay/reverb. If you use pedals for distortion, you want to use the clean channel, but you can also use just effect pedals and use your amp for distortion.

You say you have multi-effect, so you most likely use distortion and reverb on the effect, so you idd do plug it into the clean channel. You can of course add some extra reverb from your amp or tweak the EQ. There aren't really any rules, so experiment and see what sounds best
Quote by BryanAdams
I set my amp to clean channel with clean settings. no delay, no reverb from amp. and i get all the sound from the multieffect.
That sounds about right. You can get reverb from your amp if it has it. And you can use your amp for distortion, but it may not work well with delay from your multifx.

People do get their distortion from pedals and amp at the same time. Cascading distortion sometimes has a good sound depending on what you're using and how it's set.
It is entirely up to you. Some guys do things wrong intentionally to get a different sound... So really there is no such thing as 'wrong.'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!