Hi guys, I've been looking at superstrat style guitars as a second guitar lately and I've narrowed it down to these two. The H1000 has the Jb in the bridge while the C1+ has duncan Designs. one is the "jb" model in the bridge and is supposed to sound very close to the JB. So pickups dont really matter. I guess it just comes down to price and quality of build. I know I like the schecter strat style necks a lot, theyre fatter then the LTD necks, but I've never played either guitar in person and dont have the option to either

Does anyone have experience with these two guitars? Can anyone give insight on them at all?
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Epiphone SG-400 Limited Edition w/ EMG 81/85

Madison Divinity w/ JJ Preamps
Peavey 6505
2 Custom Built Cabs w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
I really like my C1+

I got it on close out for like $300 new. At Best Buy no less

nice frets, hardware, neck, etc

(nice - I mean relative to other in price range) I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that will laugh at me. I obviously care more about my amps than my guitars.

I'm still a crappy -to- mediocre guitar player but all of my Vypyr clips and I think most of my Splawn clips were with that guitar. When I first bought it I assumed I'd be yanking out those Duncan disigned pups and replacing with a SH11 and '59 I have - but I have not done that as of yet.

I have zero experience with the LTD but I hear they are great guitars too.

Good luck.
oh man thats a hard one, i have an LTD and Schecter my self and love them both, but i use them for different things so i couldn't compare them fairly to say which one is better, they are pretty much the same, i think its just up to you! i personally like the grey flamed maple on the LTD myself
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
I've tried a C1+ and it was really nice. Never tried the LTD, but I don't think you can go too far wrong there either. If you've got a shop near you that has both, try them out and "feel" which one is better for you!
I owned both of those guitar for a while and honestly I prefered the LTD. I felt it was made a little better than the schecter and it sounded fuller through my 6505 as well. The schecter is still a sick guitar though. It held its own on some blues jams I recorded which honestly really suprised me. Its up to you though man, whatever feels better to you.
One thing to consider is that the c1+ has the gibson scale length so if you do any downtuning you might prefer the 25.5 of the h1000.

Technically the h1000 should be higher end. Although with these it usually just means more abalone and real duncans instead of duncan designs, quality wise there prob wont be as much in it as ltd want you to think.
i have a c-1+ and a lower end mh which is basically the same thing as the h. i would definitely go with the schecter, i love mine it looks/sounds/plays great. the neck is more comfortable than ltd too. and don't worry about the pickups being duncan designed either. they sound pretty good plus the coil tap comes in handy
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by coolstoryangus
One thing to consider is that the c1+ has the gibson scale length so if you do any downtuning you might prefer the 25.5 of the h1000.

Technically the h1000 should be higher end. Although with these it usually just means more abalone and real duncans instead of duncan designs, quality wise there prob wont be as much in it as ltd want you to think.

it downtunes fine, i keep mine in c standard or drop a#. just gotta get the right strings.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Goodtimes666
it downtunes fine, i keep mine in c standard or drop a#. just gotta get the right strings.

I'm sure it does but 25.5 means you dont have to go as thick stringwise.
Quote by coolstoryangus
I'm sure it does but 25.5 means you dont have to go as thick stringwise.

i personally like thicker strings, thats just me though
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
and that's great but some people like the added tightness the extra inch and a half gives...I wasn't trying to start a argument or using it as an argument against the schecter i was just stating a fact which in my view is a major difference between the two guitars in question since it majorly affects the feel.
the Schecter will have a little bit bigger, more C shape neck than the LTD, at least on mine, but its hardly noticable
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Thanks for the insight guys. I forgot to mention the C1+ is 200 dollars used and the h1000 ia 325
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Epiphone SG-400 Limited Edition w/ EMG 81/85

Madison Divinity w/ JJ Preamps
Peavey 6505
2 Custom Built Cabs w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Definitely go with the H-1000. It is built better with a better cut of wood, has better pickups, higher quality hardware, Earvanna nut, locking tuners, and IMO the neck feels better

Don't get me wrong, the C1+ is a great budget guitar, but when compared to the top of the line LTD, it's not really even a contest. If it was a Hellraiser or C1 Classic, the two guitars would be about equal, but the H-1000 is superior in almost every way.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by MatrixClaw
Definitely go with the H-1000. It is built better with a better cut of wood, has better pickups, higher quality hardware, Earvanna nut, locking tuners, and IMO the neck feels better

Don't get me wrong, the C1+ is a great budget guitar, but when compared to the top of the line LTD, it's not really even a contest. If it was a Hellraiser or C1 Classic, the two guitars would be about equal, but the H-1000 is superior in almost every way.

this

the H-1000 i own is still my second favourite guitar, second only to my Tom Anderson. it sounds and plays amazing, and ive had no quality issues what so ever from it in the 4 years that i've owned it. Schecters arent as nice from all the ones i have played, but i dont know about the quality of them they should be pretty much the same in quality i just think the Ltd plays and sounds better

as it is a guitar tho you should always play it before you buy it, never buy blind always try it out first
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.