I have a gig tommarow and i need a decent second guitar to use. I have a cheap squire strat that i tore all th electronics out of and pat a 75 dollar P-90 in the bridge position. I hate the trem cuz it sucks and i never use it. Do u think it wise to quickly block it tonight and hope for the best, or should I keep it the way it is and tune more freqently?
If you're gig's not till tomorrow, you can easily block it tonight, and readjust your action/intonation and be good to go.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
If you're gig's not till tomorrow, you can easily block it tonight, and readjust your action/intonation and be good to go.

okay thanks< how do i blck it. i have an idea, but i dont wanna screw it up.
A shim of wood of the correct thickness (a decent width too - i.e. almost as thick as the trem block within the body), then back the springs off or even remove them to prevent rattles. The string tension will hold it solid. You may get some slight compression initially, but it should settle very quickly if you use hardwood and not pine, or cedar window/door shims from Home Depot. You can stack a couple of the composite window/door shims that Home Depot sells, though. That would be adjustable enough that you would have to just trim 2 off, then slide them across each other to get the correct thickness. Beats trying to cut an exact thickness of wood.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
hah thanks. well i didnt have time to get any wood. so i pounded to bolts in and let the springs loose. actually worked great fr now. Im gonna fix it later prolly with the idea of the home depot shims. thanks alot fr the help
Quote by perszzac
hah thanks. well i didnt have time to get any wood. so i pounded to bolts in and let the springs loose. actually worked great fr now. Im gonna fix it later prolly with the idea of the home depot shims. thanks alot fr the help

LOL. Well, a couple of screws will definitely do the job, but I had thought perhaps you wanted a more temporary method.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1