Oddest thing to be talking about, especially on a guitar website, but I absolutely cannot stand the dentists.

Here's the thing, they F***ed up my teeth when I was a kid and ever since I've always dreaded going so I haven't been to one in 5 years. When I was a kid I had a cavity (or however the hell you spell it), and they filled it in like one appointment. No pain, no Novocaine, NOTHING, they just filled it. NOW I have a few cavities, all about the same size, and all smaller than the one I used to have, now they say they have to drill my teeth? WHAT? Not to mention they have to use that giant F***ing Novocaine needle and stick it halfway down my jaw. I spent 7 years in the USMC and if I get hurt badly I might snap and hurt someone (not to mention myself)! Just getting the tartar scraped off my teeth almost made me flip!

Do they give you anesthesia or something before they put that mid-evil era needle halfway into your jaw?
Military service doesn't make you into a violent baffoon, being a violent baffoon does. Also, I've always had very positive experiences with the dentist. They're there to help me.

EDIT: Your profile says your birthday was in 1989. I didn't realize the Marines recruited at 14 years old.
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 18, 2011,
You should leave England.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Greatdude49

Do they give you anesthesia or something before they put that mid-evil era needle halfway into your jaw?

No, that mid-evil era needle is the anaesthetic. Take it like this, if your cavities get worse, they will eventually reach the nerves in your jaw and cause you constant pain when you do anything which will lead to a root canal in more than one tooth. Normally, they will probe your cavity and if you feel pain they will give you lidocaine to numb the area otherwise they will assume it didn't reach the nerves yet and just fill away.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by JustRooster
Military service doesn't make you into a violent baffoon, being a violent baffoon does.

Also, I've always had very positive experiences with the dentist. They're there to help me.

1. It kind of goes both ways in the military.

2. You probably take good care of your teeth, I never really did.

Quote by JustRooster
Military service doesn't make you into a violent baffoon, being a violent baffoon does. Also, I've always had very positive experiences with the dentist. They're there to help me.

EDIT: Your profile says your birthday was in 1989. I didn't realize the Marines recruited at 14 years old.

Birthday is right, not birth year though, I just kinda F'ed it when I signed up.

Quote by fearofthemark
You should leave England.

USA! USA! US- Oh Goddammit.
Last edited by Greatdude49 at Aug 18, 2011,
What do you mean? Novacane is the painkiller...

Man up. Fillings don't hurt that much.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
quit being a pussy. when i was 15 i knocked both my my front teeth out in a bike accident and since then i have had 2 root canals, and numerous appointments just for them to tell me that they arent going to last. so i had to get one of them pulled out so they could drill a fake one into the bone, and crown the other. just suck it up and get them fixed.

ive also gotten 4 wisdom teeth pulled out and never have i been knocked out in the denstist office.
Quote by funky_monk94
quit being a pussy. when i was 15 i knocked both my my front teeth out in a bike accident and since then i have had 2 root canals, and numerous appointments just for them to tell me that they arent going to last. so i had to get one of them pulled out so they could drill a fake one into the bone, and crown the other. just suck it up and get them fixed.

ive also gotten 4 wisdom teeth pulled out and never have i been knocked out in the denstist office.

Want a cookie?
Why would you need anesthetic for Novocaine?

When I got four teeth pulled last summer, I thought the Novocaine shots were nothing...and I had to have 8 shots.

Anywho, I like getting my teeth cleaned, but I hate the water lazer thing and the suction hose.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
My dentist uses this gel stuff before they do the shots i had three filled earlier today even if they use the numbing stuff before the needle you will still feel it a little.
Quote by Flippy Floppy

When I got four teeth pulled last summer, I thought the Novocaine shots were nothing...and I had to have 8 shots.

Anywho, I like getting my teeth cleaned, but I hate the water lazer thing and the suction hose.

That's the best part. You can go to hell.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Flippy Floppy

Mostly the needle, I have gingivitis the size of an inflatable boat. My gums actually bleed when I brush my teeth, I don't care about needles, but it's kind of like the the "I don't care what happens to any part of my body as long as it's not the family jewels, eyes, or teeth."
Quote by Sonicxlover

Man up. Fillings don't hurt that much.

This.
I've had 6 so far, one root canal and a cap on my front tooth which is internally shattered. I was anesthetised for one of them (my first one), and I hate the feeling of numbface.
Apart from that, it's just like having ice cream on a sensitive tooth for 5 minutes or so. The only bit I can't stand is the taste of your tooth burning when they drill it out. Makes me retch.
hahaha "mid-evil"

yes, it is part evil.
p.s. medieval
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by SkepsisMetal
This.
I've had 6 so far, one root canal and a cap on my front tooth which is internally shattered. I was anesthetised for one of them (my first one), and I hate the feeling of numbface.
Apart from that, it's just like having ice cream on a sensitive tooth for 5 minutes or so. The only bit I can't stand is the taste of your tooth burning when they drill it out. Makes me retch.

This, the worst part is afterwards when you face feels like it is going to slide off because of the numbing it lasts about 4 hours.
I've started to actually enjoy my visits to the dentist. When you have half a dozen tools and hoses crammed inside your mouth there's really not much you can do but sink into a temporary state of very pleasant submission. Might as well enjoy the ride and savor the feeling of not even have to swallow by yourself.
REGGIE
Quote by skylerjames13
That's the best part. You can go to hell.

No!

Quote by Greatdude49
Mostly the needle, I have gingivitis the size of an inflatable boat. My gums actually bleed when I brush my teeth, I don't care about needles, but it's kind of like the the "I don't care what happens to any part of my body as long as it's not the family jewels, eyes, or teeth."

Wow, it's really that bad? I guess you could ask for laughing gas if you want to stay awake, but you can go to places that put you under for dental surgery. No Novocaine needed.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by LeakyFlask
I've started to actually enjoy my visits to the dentist. When you have half a dozen tools and hoses crammed inside your mouth there's really not much you can do but sink into a temporary state of very pleasant submission. Might as well enjoy the ride and savor the feeling of not even have to swallow by yourself.

Yeah, I went today and I just watched sportscenter.

TS, what are they gonna do, give you anesthetic for the anesthetic?
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Yeah, I went today and I just watched sportscenter.

TS, what are they gonna do, give you anesthetic for the anesthetic?

My mind hasn't been close to earth in a few years. I could've believed it.

Quote by Wesseem
hahaha "mid-evil"

yes, it is part evil.
p.s. medieval

spells good I is.
Last edited by Greatdude49 at Aug 18, 2011,
Grow up. The needle is just like any other anesthesia needle: It stings a little at first, then you feel it hit the nerve that they are aiming for, then there is some pressure in the area from the anesthesia exiting the needle, and the waiting begins. Rinse and repeat for each tooth needing work.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
It could be far, far, far worse my friend. Take my word for it.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte