Hey, I was wondering if I could get a critique of this mix. The performance is meh in my opinion but any feedback on the mix would be helpful.

Thanks,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrGyI5mmwZk
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
'04 Tony Iommi Signature SG
'66 Harmony Bobkat
The harmonies are far too loud, and completely drown out the main vocals. Also, they don't appear to be singing harmonies, just doubling the melody, which sounds pretty bad.

The vocals are out of tune a lot, and lack any feeling. They are also possibly a tad too loud.
thanks fridge,

will adjust the vocals
'66 Harmony Bobkat
Take it down a key or two, it sounds like you're straining to sing the high note at 00:31. This would help to relax your singing, which is a style which would suit your voice. Think of Bob Dylan, on his records he's so damn chilled, and when he's impassioned playing live, he's shouting, but he still sounds in control, cool yaknow. Be cool.

As for the mix, I like the way the extra vocals come in loudly. The guitar and vocal balance is good. You could perhaps turn the guitar down a tad, it's nearly overpowering your voice.

EDIT: I'd be mighty grateful if you'd check my youtube account (link in my sig) and drop a comment.
Last edited by Icarus Lives at Aug 20, 2011,
thanks icarus i'm at work right now but I'll check out your youtube account when I get home!
'66 Harmony Bobkat